Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I always thought cars ran with an engine oil temperature of 100c when warmed up.
I’ve only managed to get my car to run with a constant oil temperature of 101c yesterday driving to Murcia in Spain on the motorway at a speed of between 120km to 137km per hour with an outside temperature of between 35c to 38c with the aircon on all the time.
usually on normal roads it’s usually 93c to 95c
My wife’s 1 litre struggles to get much past 85c

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
I don’t notice the actual temperature, I just make sure half the bars are lit up before I drive the car hard 🙈 where do you see the actual temperature?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
Also 38c 🫠 good lord.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
I don’t notice the actual temperature, I just make sure half the bars are lit up before I drive the car hard 🙈 where do you see the actual temperature?
Can be displayed in the middle of your cockpit, under driving data I think?

Anyone with the performance monitor or off road display can display it on their infotainment screen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi
I always thought cars ran with an engine oil temperature of 100c when warmed up.
I’ve only managed to get my car to run with a constant oil temperature of 101c yesterday driving to Murcia in Spain on the motorway at a speed of between 120km to 137km per hour with an outside temperature of between 35c to 38c with the aircon on all the time.
usually on normal roads it’s usually 93c to 95c
My wife’s 1 litre struggles to get much past 85c
My T-Roc R's oil temp seems to vary between 95c and 102c - sounds very much like yours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
All our modern VW’s and Audi’s have run oil temps in the mid 90’s. Hasn’t mattered whether it’s mid summer or mid winter, the temps never vary more than a few degrees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts