·
Registered
509 Posts
it is loked all right,engineering problem

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Good afternoon,
frankly I did not understand what cap it is. If it can help I send a photo of my door.
Massimo
I typo ? ... Maybe meant a gap :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
the GAP is the result of engineering problem,so it is normal,don't worry it's ok

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
What you mean "engineering" problem ...that the panel from the construction has this gap ? or maybe a little bend?
@Seal means it's a production fault, they should sit tight around the door structure but they don't.
Maybe the dealer can fix them with a heat gun?

As you say, they have a slight bend!

Edit: @Seal says its normal 👌
I've never looked at mine since ownership but I will now, out of curiosity 😏

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the announced photo. The panel is adherent. The gap highlighted in yours, I assume is due to a poorly inserted hook cap. Did you try to make a shot? See you soon.
Thanks for the photo
Your car is 1.5 style ascot grey?
the strange thing is that the same error is on all the doors. and the problem is that all the doors have to be opened and what is opened does not close perfectly...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes mine is a 1.5 TSI Style DSG Ascot Grey from early May 2022 (Italy). It's really strange the same problem on all ports. The car is new and under warranty, you should go to VW . I think it's a simple assembly thing.

·
Registered
509 Posts
@Seal means it's a production fault, they should sit tight around the door structure but they don't.
Maybe the dealer can fix them with a heat gun?

As you say, they have a slight bend!

Edit: @Seal says its normal 👌
I've never looked at mine since ownership but I will now, out of curiosity 😏
there is an engineering problem, the front doors have been modified but not the trim panel of the doors on the T-Roc mk2, so there may be gaps between the door and the trim panel, some bigger others smaller but without safety problems for the driver and passenger ,but soon this situation will be resolved

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
there is an engineering problem, the front doors have been modified but not the trim panel of the doors on the T-Roc mk2, so there may be gaps between the door and the trim panel, some bigger others smaller but without safety problems for the driver and passenger ,but soon this situation will be resolved
Will there be a recall for already delivered models?

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Will there be a recall for already delivered models?
I'd guess no recall, but customers who raise this as a complaint with their dealer may get new parts fitted when they become available.

The vast majority of owners will probably never notice it and as it is purely cosmetic and not a functional or safety issue I don't see any problem with that approach.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
I'd guess no recall, but customers who raise this as a complaint with their dealer may get new parts fitted when they become available.

The vast majority of owners will probably never notice it and as it is purely cosmetic and not a functional or safety issue I don't see any problem with that approach.
It's a wee bit underhand fitting door cards volkswagen knows aren't engineered for the redesigned door 🤷‍♂️

After all, these cars cost a hell of a lot of money 🙈

·
Registered
230 Posts
I find it difficult to understand how a 'designer' can alter the shape of the doors without even thinking how this change may affect parts attached to it. Find it also amazing how VW allowed it - although they seem to be run more by accountants these days (unfortunately).
Maybe the same 'designer' thought up the new engine covers that fall off...

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
I agree it is unacceptable, should never have happened in the first place and should have been picked up long before reaching customers, but I was suggesting the position which VW will now adopt is unlikely to be a recall or even an automatic replacement when any affected cars are in the workshop. Look how they handled the kangaroo... there was no recall and any 'fixes' were only for people who complained. Same with the mooing brakes and screeching wiper blades.

Some customers will reconsider their choice of VW for future purchases, but obviously VW are prepared to live with that. There are other things we know are design and/or configuration mistakes, like the clock which doesn't automatically adjust for summertime despite the ability being in there but was obviously wrongly coded for at least UK cars and can be easily fixed if they had a mind to without owners having to buy OBD11 devices and doing their own coding. Another niggle is the lack of illuminated switches in the roof console. And who has ever heard of a car which doesn't have SD card slots but has slots for storing their unusable SD cards ?

Such little annoyances have become more common in recent years and the VW reputation is suffering.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts