Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I very seldom have my engine over 2000rpm, the economy goes down hill very quickly 🤷‍♂️
I was the same when I drove a manual, in fact I used to be able to drive my 2007 1.4 TSi Jetta (the one which had twin chargers) at 30mph in 6th gear.

But the DSG box in the T-Roc has a mind of it's own and often refuses to change up until the revs get above 2000 and sometimes up to 3000. If I 'manually' shift up below 2000, the DSG will often just shift back down again. Arghhh ! (See this other topic started by Twist ... DSG getting “stuck” in 2nd )

I think my previous 1.4 TSI Golf DSG was better in this respect.

As for Sagwal's post, I can't offer any explanation, even for my own vibration. However it does seem to be a different issue if there is no vibration at lower revs. In my case, there is vibration at three specific revs which are multiples (1x, 2x and 3x) of the base which is around 1100 - 1200, although I don't normally rev the engine to 3300 - 3600 :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was the same when I drove a manual, in fact I used to be able to drive my 2007 1.4 TSi Jetta (the one which had twin chargers) at 30mph in 6th gear.
(See this other topic started by Twist ... DSG getting “stuck”
Yes I have already read twists stuck in 2nd post.

I think I can do 40mph in 6th without it suggesting a change down.

I'm surprised anyone can do over 40+mpg's with a DSG 🤷‍♂️
I'd drop into the 30's mpg if I drove at a DSG's rpm's 🤔🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My car has done 10,000 miles and my overall mpg is 39.6 with expected seasonal variations.

On my three best brim-to-brim tankfulls I got 44.5, 46.2 and 46.3 mpg over 383, 335 and 342 miles (all had a long run over 200 miles), and on one particular cross-country run over 113 miles I got close to 56 mpg.

My worst tankfull over short runs during the second lockdown was 33.4 mpg

·
Registered
466 Posts
My car has done 10,000 miles and my overall mpg is 39.6 with expected seasonal variations.

On my three best brim-to-brim tankfulls I got 44.5, 46.2 and 46.3 mpg over 383, 335 and 342 miles (all had a long run over 200 miles), and on one particular cross-country run over 113 miles I got close to 56 mpg.

My worst tankfull over short runs during the second lockdown was 33.4 mpg
You don't have faith in the on board computer then 🤷‍♂️
I wonder how accurate it is 🤔

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I'm surprised anyone can do over 40+mpg's with a DSG 🤷‍♂️
I'd drop into the 30's mpg if I drove at a DSG's rpm's 🤔🤷‍♂️
The DSG was actually designed to be a fuel-efficient “automatic” gearbox because slush boxes were typically not. It can be very efficient but it has to be driven in such a way that allows that, and the one in the T-Roc is somewhat harder to do that in.

For example, even when driven in manual mode, it is so fussy that it often won’t let you shift up from 2nd at 1900rpm on a flat road even though you can rev it a bit harder to get it to shift up automatically, then ease off throttle to around 1200rpm in 3rd and it plods along just fine - just as it would have if it allowed you to shift up in the first place. It’s very frustrating at times. To my knowledge, the only version of the DSG that does not nanny you like that is the one in the R. And even then, I think you have to put it in Race mode.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You don't have faith in the on board computer then 🤷‍♂️
Frankly I don't have much faith in any VW software driven systems, apps or web sites.

Does anyone ?

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2
21 - 26 of 26 Posts