Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
T Roo said:
brid said:
Jeez, so "Much To Do About Nothing".
Would never have another electric tailgate, dents in the same due to bad judgement are horrid.
My missus stand only 5'.2" tall, (in flats) weights <>8.5 stone (true figure is on a need to know basis and secret) but can handle this problem like a trooper. Electric tailgates indeed. :D :D :D
Your petite wife probably knows the 'trick' to closing the manual boot i.e. by pulling on the easier-to-reach recess on the inside of the boot lid rather than by stretching to push the boot lid shut from the outside. This helps a lot with closing and minimises contact between their wedding/engagement rings and your lovely paintwork ;) .
Absolutely correct T Roo, purely a matter of training, application and practice. She also can handle a GLK (now GLC) which has a heavier, and higher tailgate than the Roc. Added bonus, no need for her to visit the Gym to maintain upper body fitness :p

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
brid said:
Absolutely correct T Roo, purely a matter of training, application and practice. She also can handle a GLK (now GLC) which has a heavier, and higher tailgate than the Roc. Added bonus, no need for her to visit the Gym to maintain upper body fitness :p
If she can also make a nice cup of tea she sounds perfect brid. :mrgreen:

We're joking ladies, just joking!

·
Registered
376 Posts
T Roo said:
brid said:
If she can also make a nice cup of tea she sounds perfect brid. :mrgreen:

We're joking ladies, just joking!
Hey, steady on mate, we are in the realms of fantasy here :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had it on the Tig.
My daughters used to love me opening and closing it from the inside so they could put their school bags in at the school with a few of the kids looking on in amazement.
The foot swipe could be a little temperamental some times.
I'm not sure on the on the Roc but on the tig you could set the height you wanted to have it open.
You just opened it via the out side button and pushed it up to the height you wanted and then pressed the opening button and it beeped and would only open to that height. Ideal if you were a bit on the short side.
I'm not sure if anyone who already has it have tried.
The T-Roc also has electric tailgate, and the method of operation is the same.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts