Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here received or seen a T Roc in the S, SE or Design specification yet?

The SEL spec is the only UK T Roc to come with Silver roof rails, instead of Black, as standard.

Also, the S, SE and Design models do not come with the trademark LED daytime running lights which double up as indicators as standard.

These two items come as a £140 and £250 extra respectively.

I may be way wrong here, but today I have just looked on Autotrader UK and viewed all 71 of the cars in stock at U.K. dealers. Yes, the majority of them are in SEL spec, but every single car on autotrader has the Silver roof rails and LED DRL/indicators.

So, has every single S, SE and Design model been ordered with these £390 worth of extras? I'm thinking and hoping that Volkswagen UK have been fitting these extras at no extra cost.

Why? Is it because they don't have the cheaper items in stock and don't want to hold up production of the lesser models?
Or has the UK spec been upgraded?

My model is due any day now. It is a Design model.

At first I didn't like the signature LED/indicators. But they have grown on me, although I don't know if I would see them as worth an extra £250.

My colour scheme is metallic Grey with Black roof and mirrors, along with Dark grey alloys. I was hoping to go for a Black Edition, de-chromed type look and was thinking the black roof rails will add to the look and I definitely don't want the £140 extra silver roof rails.

If I'm right, could buyers who paid for the upgrades demand a refund? I'd be really unhappy if I had shelled out £390 for extras which everyone else got for free.

I phoned my dealer today, they have only received their Demo cars so far. My car is due any day now and will probably be their first customers car. The salesman suggested that the cars on Autotrader may well all be demonstors which VW UK have spec'd with the extras.

So, back to my first question, has anyone seen or received a model lesser than the SEL?

Below are a couple of images from the app of the car I have ordered, without the £390 extras.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No replies???

Surely someone has received a model other than SEL spec by now.

I also checked on eBay and found 4 cars in the Design spec... all of them also have silver roofrails and LED running lights/indicators at the front. (As well as lower front fog lamps)

In fact I haven't seen any cars with the lesser indicators anywhere online in the U.K.

Below is an image showing what the front indicators should look like in the different models.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like yourself I have ordered a Design with
Black roof. I am waiting for the dealer to
Advise handover. Back in 2008 I purchased
A Tiguan that was fitted with chrome roof
Rails, over time they became "pitted" so
The black rails option appeared to be a
Good choice at point of ordering.
Will let you know once I see the car. Ordered 8th November 2017, it has been
A long 3 months!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
did you upgrade to the LED DRL/ indicator?

If not, get the dealer to send you a pic othe front of it to see if you got the free upgrade?
I ordered the LEDs as extra. So are you saying they are now included in the base price? I would be surprised about that. LEDs in the front are still not standard even with audis or BMWs, let alone other makes,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I didn't mean the LED headlight.... it was the funny shaped lower DRL which doubles up as an indicator.
Probably a poor description by me.

These are a £250 upgrade.

My car changed today on the tracking app to stage 7 of 7... almost there.

Dealer expecting it tonight or tomorrow and promised to let me know about the spec then.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw my first T Roc on the road today... I passed it as I was exiting a roundabout.

I tried to remind myself to look at the front indicator to see if it was the dearer one, but it happened so quick I couldnt be sure.

So back to the drawing board. Today there are 81 T Rocs listed on Autotrader. Of those with a photograph

24 are Design models. Every one has silver rails and the expensive DRL/indicator
2 are SE models. One with DRL and silver, the other with the basic indicator and black rails.

So, that blows my theory that they are all getting the upgrade. Might have been something only added to the first run of cars. And as mine is a 2018 build date and I am never lucky enough to get something for nothing.

As above, mine almost at the showroom and I will update you all as and when I find out the exact spec.

Here is a link to the one car on autotrader with the basic items.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801122689430?make=VOLKSWAGEN&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&postcode=bt366uf&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&model=T-ROC&page=5

·
Registered
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Sorry, I didn't mean the LED headlight.... it was the funny shaped lower DRL which doubles up as an indicator.
Probably a poor description by me.

These are a £250 upgrade.

My car changed today on the tracking app to stage 7 of 7... almost there.

Dealer expecting it tonight or tomorrow and promised to let me know about the spec then.
When I ordered you could either have normal Halogen (or xenon?) lights, which would have straight DLR underneath as in the photos, or LED lights with the "diamond" shaped DLRs undermeath which double as indicators.

My T-Roc is now waiting for me, but I am getting the Satnav installed and a ceramic coat and will wait til March for pickup - which seems sooooo hard!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, now I have a definitive answer to my original question.

Volkswagen are NOT dishing out the upgrades I see on all these T Rocs.

My car arrived this afternoon with my dealer who immediately checked and sent me a video of the car.

It is a 1.5 Design model and has black roof rails and the lesser 'straight' DRL/ indicators rather than the diamond shaped ones.

Still looking forward to getting my hands on it.

https://video.citnow.com/vxh1t2VyVxK

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my Design model from my dealer today. It is fitted with black roof rails and the indicators as ordered. I have been told that the cars on sale with the chrome rails and led indicators are European specification and not UK spec as per the 2018 cars now arriving at dealers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Over the moon. 1.5 petrol, can't get over how quiet the car is. My last 3 cars have been 2.0 TDI engines. Was concerned that the 1.5 may be under powered, but first impressions is that it has plenty of power.
The interior and information systems are
Excellent.

·
Registered
86 Posts
RDEvans said:
Over the moon. 1.5 petrol, can't get over how quiet the car is. My last 3 cars have been 2.0 TDI engines. Was concerned that the 1.5 may be under powered, but first impressions is that it has plenty of power.
The interior and information systems are
Excellent.
I've been having nightmares that mine will be underpowered because I went for the 1.0l engine... I had a 1.6d qashqai before which was SO slow to start so I thought everything would be better than that. Now I'm driving my partners old 1.3l KA and it goes like stink! It is so tiny and light though, which is why I am now worried the 1.0l might not be strong enough. Oh well... Just gotta hope it's alright. I got it because I mainly do short, urban rides so no need to big speed and power really and it had better consumption. Just keep telling myself that lol ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Superhero, the T-Roc we tested had a 1.0 l three cylinder engine. It was actually quite lively and fun to drive. Alas, not available with 4Motion, so we are stuck with the 2.0 TSI :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts