Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Denmark and I was supposed to receive my T-roc by the end of May. 2 days back, I called my dealer to know about the status of my car. He told me that something is wrong, he could see the build week of my car, which is week 15, but he had no VIN number of my car in the system. He told me that he will contact the car importer. Today, my dealer told me that as TROC is in high demand, the importer is giving my car to someone else and he is not sure, when I will receive my car. I am feeling cheated, how they can give my car to someone else. Ok, I ordered the cheapest model with minimum extra equipment.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I wouldn't be happy if that happened to me, but it sounds like things work differently in Denmark to the UK. Who is "the importer", does your dealer buy from them and not directly from VW?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
What I understand after talking with dealer is that importer gets the cars from VW and it distributes cars to the various dealers in Denmark. Unlike UK, in Denmark the dealers don't provide order number for tracking the status of the car and so one has to call the dealer for that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sounds very fishy!. I do not know when the VIN number is assigned, but when the car is ordered in the system, the dealer can see what status it is in and follow it's progression. It is assigned to that dealer, and probably also to you as the buyer with a purchase number.

My guess is that it is not SMC, the importer, but the dealer, who is playing with you. maybe they could sell it at a better price? A call to FDM is probably a good move if you are a member.

Who is the dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I booked my car from VW Svendborg. They provide me a Slutseddel (Sales agreement), but it does not have any order number or purchase number, it only contains details (price) of extra equipment, model and colour ...I am not a member of FDM, I am worried as we have planned our summer holidays (booked hotels) by road trip and my family is looking forward to summer holidays in new car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.