Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning to buy a new T-Roc, but I have some questions, I couldn't find answers on the web.
1) About CarNet - Security & Service package - does it provide internet connection for the car without LTE USB-stick, for transit info, can I check the status of the car if I am far away, does it send notification to my phone if the alarm activates?
2) How does the parking / auxiliary heater function? Can I turn it on/off in the app if I am far away (with CarNet Security&Service)? Why can't I have both fog lights and parking heater?
3) When on the highway doing 140 kph / 90 mph or above, how is the wind noise, noise isolation from the outside and the engine?
4) How is the lumbar support in the seat, can you change it electronically/manually?
Thank you for your answers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The car goes On the net by itself. I Can sit here in Spain and see that it is locked, has No issues, where it is located within A few meters and has 35 liters in the tank.

Wind noise is ok and No engine noise at that speed.

Manual lumbar support.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agerbundsen said:
The car goes On the net by itself. I Can sit here in Spain and see that it is locked, has No issues, where it is located within A few meters and has 35 liters in the tank.

Manual lumbar support.
Thank you.

Somebody with the parking / auxiliary heater? Even in different VW models?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, it's on the Car-net app and it appears on the front page which shows a model of the car. To the right of this is a symbol of a padlock. If locked all ok, if unlocked then either doors unlocked or window open. Hope this helps.

1.5 Tsi S-el in silver white.

·
Registered
29 Posts
buddy123 said:
Agerbundsen said:

Manual lumbar support.
Thank you.

I had the travel pack installed, and the seats warms in no time, the rear view camera works really fine even with low-light situations, and the sensors helps to, the system are able to apply the brake for you if it detect a imminent collision with some objects.

I did not have the parkassist, didn't know if this is what you're looking for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
buddy123 said:
4) How is the lumbar support in the seat, can you change it electronically/manually?
Unless it's been changed recently, manual lumber support is only available with the leather seat option (here in UK). No lumber support with normal cloth seats. Dealer confirmed the other week when I asked why showroom SEL did not have it.
Strange since most VW's have it, apart from base 'S' models.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deftonkorn said:
buddy123 said:
Agerbundsen said:

Manual lumbar support.
Thank you.

I had the travel pack installed, and the seats warms in no time, the rear view camera works really fine even with low-light situations, and the sensors helps to, the system are able to apply the brake for you if it detect a imminent collision with some objects.

I did not have the parkassist, didn't know if this is what you're looking for.
Thanks, I meant parking heater like Webasto, a small engine independent from the petrol engine, which can be turned on remotely to pre-heat the interior of the car and the main engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The heater works with the engine, didn't know if you remote start the vehicle it will run until the cabin is at the desired temperature, and then turn off, but definitely not a specific module for that purpose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deftonkorn said:
The heater works with the engine, didn't know if you remote start the vehicle it will run until the cabin is at the desired temperature, and then turn off, but definitely not a specific module for that purpose.
Sorry, but you still don't understand what am I talking about. :roll: You don't "remote start the vehicle". It is a separate tiny engine manufactured by company called Webasto. It is not the 2.0 / 1.5 TSI engine. It is not a standard feature of the car. There is an option when configuring the vehicle, a heater which you can order for the car to be manufactured with. Then you will have a separate remote control for turning on and off this tiny "engine" or heater. Looks like you don't have it.

Please answer only if you have/had a heater like this in VW car. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
buddy123 said:
deftonkorn said:
Sorry, but you still don't understand what am I talking about. :roll: You don't "remote start the vehicle". It is a separate tiny engine manufactured by company called Webasto. It is not the 2.0 / 1.5 TSI engine. It is not a standard feature of the car. There is an option when configuring the vehicle, a heater which you can order for the car to be manufactured with. Then you will have a separate remote control for turning on and off this tiny "engine" or heater. Looks like you don't have it.

Please answer only if you have/had a heater like this in VW car. Thanks.
Yeah I understand what you say in the first post, just that at least in Spain is not even a dealer option on this car. :roll: Provably due to the less places that this feature will come handy in here, but where I live it'll be interesting to have it.
I'll keep reading what others have to say about, and if they had it installed and if this can be retrofitted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.