Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the front passenger seat which was advertised as being able to fold forwards completely flat to extent the load area, doesn't !.
I needed to carry some large step ladders in the car & having read the car reviews prior to getting the car, was looking forward to this feature. The car manual even states how to drop the front passenger seat forward. Unfortunately the lever to do this on the upper outer bolster is missing & the main dealer confirmed that none of their showroom cars have this feature either. VWUK gave denied the car was ever meant to have this feature which is a bit laughable when the owners manual references it. More penny pinching by VW ?. Save a few quid & ruin a cars versitility & practicality !

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sure it's not an optional extra that you failed to specify? The manual tends to describe everything, even stuff you didn't specify. I don't recall ever seeing anything about it when I got mine.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I've never seen this option either but I think I may have seen a picture somewhere
What trim level is your car ? It may be its only on the basic ones or the opposite
Sports seats in SEL and above are probably more bulky

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm sure in the video reviews of the car it's never shown one with that feature fitted. My old tiguan had this feature, the difference was the drivers seat had a knob to adjust the backrest and the passengers had a flat lever. I'm guessing If the roc has knobs both side it won't have it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looking through some of the European configurators it appears to packaged with lumbar support. Not sure if opting for lumbar support in the UK is going to get you this feature or not.

·
Registered
376 Posts
For some reason the Sport loses the comfort seat package option probably because of the sports seating. In addition to get the lumbar supports one has to take heated seats and electric tailgate option which costs 950 euro

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh, ok. It looks like it's only available on the European spec cars. Mine is a sel model which comes with the same seats as the sports ones ( just minus the red stripes). It's a real shame as I've seen pics of the t-roc with the front seat folded flat & it's a really useful feature for carrying ladders etc. Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It was useful, my Volvo had it and was great for collecting Christmas trees (coming soon). Not sure how I'll manage that in the T-Roc.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Seems like you'll be having a smaller tree this year !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts