1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
They look excellent. I think they are great improvement to the car style since you can't turn off the cornering light.
My LED's arrived today and I will fit them over the weekend.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smarttask said:
Sorry but the photos are not in order..
FCCEEC3E-12E4-4FDD-A5F6-8CAF37C2EAB1.jpegAB534BF7-9F5F-4E84-8A36-268DE06CBB66.jpegA6769EA7-8934-48A1-AD1D-0CDEFB90FC1A.jpeg6D7E79C4-5BE4-403F-A894-AC5EE5297F2F.jpegF7473037-6F86-4A31-B196-14946317BD2B.jpeg4E50881E-8AF6-424E-9645-909262246C99.jpegEE6B57D6-670B-449D-A148-2D55AD90730D.jpeg4059A896-F3FD-4D1F-809C-A0B8B849647E.jpeg
Certainly makes a difference....

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
Just received a set of these today, a wee job for the weekend .
Looks daunting enough :?
I also did this a couple of months ago .. looks like everyone's going for the Nighteye LEDs, good value and they work well. Check previous similar threads and you'll get even more info how to do it .. if I remember the worse part was removing the trim as it's a bit of a 'leap of faith'. It starts off ok as the hook tool will allow you to start pulling the trim forwards from the nose of the car. as you continue to approach the wheel arch (you don't need the hook by now), things get a little bit 'stickier' but keep on pulling outwards away from the front. If my experience is typical, the trim appeared to be held by the plastic wheel arch trim and I thought I needed to remove that (I would have abandoned the job at that point as I didn't want to dismantle the entire car!!) .. anyway .... I found that, by pulling outwards and slightly back to the centre of the nose the trim came away .. Be brave and go for it, the first side may take you 20 mins as you feel your way but the other side will be a 5 minute job. Hope this helps.
:D :D ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I fitted mine some months ago too, similar lamps and very easy to fit.
Funnily enough removing the plastic trim piece I found easy. The hardest part was fitting the damn things back on correctly. I found best way was to align up all tabs then push the whole thing squarely back onto the vehicle in one go !

·
Registered
172 Posts
Similar to Tiger Tony, with his advice and very handy wiring adapter, I fitted twin horns and added led fog lights about a week ago.
It was a bit scary the first time when taking off the trim around the fog light and it's important to make sure the fog light is seated correctly when you push the trim back but well worth the end result.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
vernerbongo2 said:
Thanks for the tips guys :p

Might turn them off anyway, not sure if they actually benifit much whilst cornering :?:
I think they look silly too when they come on as I'm pulling into my drive. I think for me it's the yellow tint that looks odd against the clean white LED DRLs and dipped beams.

Also, like you, I've yet to notice their benefit at all when actually cornering in the dark.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've had cornering fog lights on my last three cars and I think they're great, especially where there are no street lights.

G

·
T Roc Chick said:
I've had cornering fog lights on my last three cars and I think they're great, especially where there are no street lights.
They look as if the other side bulb has blown when in use. (unbalanced)
I notice a wee bit of extra light at right angles to the front bumper but other than that, I'm not sure?
Both come on in reverse also.

G

·
twist said:
vernerbongo2 said:
Thanks for the tips guys :p

Might turn them off anyway, not sure if they actually benifit much whilst cornering :?:
I think they look silly too when they come on as I'm pulling into my drive. I think for me it's the yellow tint that looks odd against the clean white LED DRLs and dipped beams.

Also, like you, I've yet to notice their benefit at all when actually cornering in the dark.
I suppose there's no point in you changing to led until you've made your mind up on your TRoc :?
Cornering lights can be turned off with obdeleven if it bothers me to much, finally bought one a few weeks ago :p

G

·
Chrisnik said:
Could you tell the bulb type and which led you bought??
Excellent!!
Put mine in today but I won't try them until tomorrow when coming home from work.
Even if they don't do much they'll look better than the original.
This is the bulb a few people on the forum have bought already, that's how I found out about them.
You can buy these from a different supplier slightly cheaper but these were delivered in 3 days.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253639838125

·
Registered
133 Posts
Which Nighteye led bulbs are these ones, please?

G

·
trocsel said:
Which Nighteye led bulbs are these ones, please?
On the selection tab you're going for the one labelled as H11 (H8, H9)

The t-roc is an H8 the above fits all three bulb types :p

G

·
trocsel said:
Are these the same?

956DFEBB-912E-4B36-A1E1-461496029831.jpeg
Those would do the job :)

It says the pair give off 4000 lumens compared to the Nighteyes 1600 lumens which I very much doubt?
Most members on here have went for the nighteye simply because its already tried and tested.
The ebay link is above in one of my earlier replies.

The thing I find strange about the t-roc fogs are, it seems to give off more side light than forward light (halogen and led)
I find them quite useless as far as light goes. The led upgrade is only for the aesthetics.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.