Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home last night (it's 40 miles from where I started to where I was going) I glanced at my "remaining range" readout on my info display and it was 15 miles! Nothing had ever beeped at me to say low fuel, something every one of my last xyz cars has done, usually with about 60 miles to go. I was shocked to say the least and had to come off the motorway at the next town to get fuel. Is there anything that I've not got turned on? If I didn't have range on my active info display, what would have happened? I'd have ran out maybe 5 miles from home :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm glad I didn't option the "active info display" if it doesn't have a fuel gauge to show when getting near empty. I like the fuel gauge on mine with the little pointer thingie pointing at red reminding me to fill up 😀😀😀

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's odd, mine comes up with a yellow warning light near the fuel gauge at 40 miles left and I think there was a message on the display as well. However, I have the analogue display

·
Registered
234 Posts
My fuel warning came on yesterday and said 40 miles, but the big question is, how big is the tank on the 1.0 TSI. I got it down to 20 miles, but then filled up to the first click on the pump and it took 43.53 litres. This makes me think the tank is 45 litres, is that right? When I worked it out it turned out to to be only 33.1 mpg a bit disappointing. Though having said that it only has 000366 miles on the clock, also it has only done short trips, say up to 10 miles there then 10 miles back at best. I had hoped for better than that as it was showing 39 mpg average on the info display, and we all know that those displays are not totally accurate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The tank size is 50 litres, except for the 4Motion which is 56 litres.

Brian

·
Registered
428 Posts
We all know any manufacturers fuel consumption figures are total bxxllshxt ... I had Renault Grand Scenic a few years back that had what was being hailed as a super-frugal 1.4 Tce engine with around 55mpg ... Never saw higher than 33 mpg on Motorway or town . I looked at the Honest John website where other owners were entering their actual mpg and I was about average. I appreciate the Troc is probably too new to get a good feeling for what other owners are getting but it wouldn't harm to start entering figures ... I will, when I get mine (2018/19/20.......). ????????

·
Registered
376 Posts
Fuel gauge in the Active Info Display.

Fuel pump symbol to the LHS of the gauge markings
This symbol/ indicator lights up yellow when reserve level is reached <> 40 miles.
The reserve fuel volume is then being consumed .

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers brid. I'll watch out for it next time as I saw nothing this time (it's the first time I've let it get proper low). My previous cars popped up something huge in the middle of the display that you couldn't really miss.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got a warning on the infotainment screen and an offer to direct me to the nearest Petrol Station via the sat nav when I was very low on fuel . Normally l refuel in good time.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way, someone asked earlier, I'm getting 47-50mpg between fill ups, depending on how much I get stuck in traffic on my commute. It's been pretty bad this month so it's about 47. Best I've had is 52.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I let it get low again. When I start up with low fuel I get the big in-screen wearing I expect. When it happens during driving it doesn't, just the barely noticeable little fuel pump icon in the bottom right. Ah well, I rarely let it get empty anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.