Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
40 months on, my 'better- half' has qualified for a Motability car so it's meant I could sell my TROC Design 1.5 petrol manual, to Fords of Winsford, Trafford Park, Manchester for an amazing £22,000.(Paid £25,300 6/9/18).
With only 4,423 miles on the clock it has now been listed on FOW's Winsford site for £24,499......if any knows someone desperate to get a fab car without delay, now is their opportunity.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Bye bye😭

Our new car, collected today, is an EV Peugeot e-2008 GT SUV with all the bells & whistles one could wish for 😃 so.....

Hello e2008:
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Pod-Point home charger supplied FOC by Motability:
Plant Window Fixture Building Brick

I Would therefore to thank all members of this forum for their advise and assistance over the past 3.5 years and hope you continue to enjoy your TRocs.

Reactions: the technician

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
898 Posts
Good luck with the new 2008 @JAMCT, I love it 😍

Always liked the 2008 and 3008, I think they look better than the T-roc 🤷‍♂️

Come back in a few months and let us know what you think of it, build quality, comfort, tech, etc

Reactions: JAMCT

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Nice car ... and a tip for those reading this thread ... open the image in a new tab and it will show a full size image which is even more impressive.

Was this a factory order or delaer stock, and how long did you wait for delivery ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
40 months on, my 'better- half' has qualified for a Motability car so it's meant I could sell my TROC Design 1.5 petrol manual, to Fords of Winsford, Trafford Park, Manchester for an amazing £22,000.(Paid £25,300 6/9/18).
With only 4,423 miles on the clock it has now been listed on FOW's Winsford site for £24,499......if any knows someone desperate to get a fab car without delay, now is their opportunity.
View attachment 4054
Bye bye😭

Our new car, collected today, is an EV Peugeot e2008 GT SUV with all the bells & whistles one could wish for 😃 so.....

Hello e2008:
View attachment 4055

Pod-Point home charger supplied FOC by Motability:
View attachment 4056

I Would therefore to thank all members of this forum for their advise and assistance over the past 3.5 years and hope you continue to enjoy your TRocs.
Hello JAMCT
If you remember I live close to yourself & had a quick chat @ 18 months ago! whilst we were passing ( T roc owner) new car looks good, I should be changing at the end of this year so if you like you could pm me on the forum if you’ve not deleted your details and update me on the e Peugeot. If someone in a T roc flashes the headlights locally don’t forget it could be me just letting you know there’s still one in the area. Ian

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice car ... and a tip for those reading this thread ... open the image in a new tab and it will show a full size image which is even more impressive.

Was this a factory order or delaer stock, and how long did you wait for delivery ?
Hi, Factory order by Motability on 2nd November 2021 and delivered 19th January 2022. This was 2 weeks late as it arrived in the UK (Sheerness) on 26th December due to the NewYear bank holiday and lack of transporter HGV DRIVERS because of Covid.

Re: Post #2 , ok I will come back with my opinions of the Peugeot.
Re: Post #4, yes I remember our chat and if you see a bright orange e-2008, it will probably be me 😉

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My TRoc now for sale at Fords of Winsford's Cheshire, Winsford site at £24,499 having sold it to them for £22,000. I purchased it new on 6th September 2018 for £25,330. See FOW web link:

May be a forum member knows someone looking to buy a very low 4,423 miles used TRoc.
PS
Webuyanycar offered me £19,950 and Wizzle(Carwow) offerd £21,450

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have now had my new Peugeot e2008 GT for just over 1 month and am extremely satisfied with it. I soon adjusted to driving my first automatic after declutching & gear changing for over 50 years.
It is very comfortable, has a super high quality finished interior, amazingly quiet and smooth to drive with frightenly fast acceleration😯, woweeeee.

Regenerative braking is effective especially at low speeds so brake peddle action is minimal. Still sussing out all the tech gizmos, cockpit & info screen features.
The 3D iCockpit displays various stats including miles/kWh battery consumption currently 3.1m/kWh. At my home electricity contract price of 19.95p/kWh the fuel running cost is 6.43p/mile compared to approx 22p/mile with the high current cost of petrol.
(My Troc did 30mpg at £1.45p/ltr x 4.546ltr/g)
Current Octopus Energy off-peak electricity tariff of 7.5pkWh/peak 30p/kWh does not benefit me to switch tariffs whilst I am paying just 19.95p

So after a month I have no regrets about selling my TRoc.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
The 3D iCockpit displays various stats including miles/kWh battery consumption currently 3.1m/kWh. At my home electricity contract price of 19.95p/kWh the fuel running cost is 6.43p/mile compared to approx 22p/mile with the high current cost of petrol. (My Troc did 30mpg at £1.45p/ltr x 4.546ltr/g)
Glad to hear you like the car.

What range does 3.1m/kWh equate to ? Is that an average, and what electrical consumers were in use (lights, heater, A/C, rear screen, heated seats etc.) ?

How long does your 19.95p/kWh (fixed) electricty deal still have to run ?
Mine (also Octopus, but only 15.43p/kWh) ended on 9th Feb so I'm on the current capped variable tariff (19.24p) and have the new cap (£££) to look forward to from April.

It may not affect you, or indeed other first owners, but the cost per mile really should include service and at some point battery replacement, and I suppose most owners would have to pay to have a charging point installed.

The industry would like us to believe that the cost of batteries will come down, but with China now owning the mining rights for something or 70% of the world's lithium supply, it's hard to believe they won't cash in with many captive markets like the UK committed to banning sales of new petrol & diesel cars from 2030.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess you only do very short trips and that is why you were only getting 30 MPG. In your situation an EV is a no- brainer. Good luck with the 2008.
Correct, 90% of my journeys where local 3 to 30 mile round trips in town as will be my EV journeys in the future. Sadly 2 of my Wirral based relatives passed away last year, RIP, so my occassional 100 mile round trips have come to an end.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

What range does 3.1m/kWh equate to ? Is that an average, and what electrical consumers were in use (lights, heater, A/C, rear screen, heated seats etc.) ?

How long does your 19.95p/kWh (fixed) electricty deal still have to run ?
Mine (also Octopus, but only 15.43p/kWh) ended on 9th Feb so I'm on the current capped variable tariff (19.24p) and have the new cap (£££) to look forward to from April. However only about 10% of my electricity consumption will be at the off-peak rate of 7.5p for battery charging and weekly laundry/washing machine operation during the off-peak hours.

It may not affect you, or indeed other first owners, but the cost per mile really should include service and at some point battery replacement, and I suppose most owners would have to pay to have a charging point installed.

The industry would like us to believe that the cost of batteries will come down, but with China now owning the mining rights for something or 70% of the world's lithium supply, it's hard to believe they won't cash in with many captive markets like the UK committed to banning sales of new petrol & diesel cars from 2030.
3.1 m/kWh is the average for 160 miles from new covering a mixture of mainly local shopping journeys & local M60 trips totalling about 30 miles. Consuming equipment included all those you mentioned. However regenerative braking recharges the battery to improve overall miles/kWh so I ensure that I put the car in to the 'B' drive option rather than selecting the standard 'D' drive gear lever position. Hopefully longer, Spring/Summer journeys should achieve about 3.5miles/kWh if I drive economically.

As I was transferred to Octopus from Avro when they went bust, my capped tariff is the current 'Avro Flexible October v1' at 19.95p/kWh incl VAT until the price cap is raised on 1st April. Intelligence info infers that the new peak electricity price will be approx 30p/kWh incl VAT so if the recently increased 'fixed' GO tariff of 7.5p/30.77p incl VAT is still available mid March, it will benefit me to switch to it for 12 months. This will protect me from the next expected capped price rise in the autumn.

As the car is my better half's Motability 3 year leased e2008 at a monthly cost of her mobility allowance, then there are no further on-costs. Insurance, servicing and breakdown/rescue is covered by Motability. They have also paid for the Pod-Point Solo home charger. The whole car switch has been a win, win exercise 😁.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Yes, I think your switch was too good to pass. Good luck.

Also, apologies about my electricity tariffs previously quoted - those were excluding VAT. The unit prices with VAT were 16.2p on my previous fixed tariff, now 20.2 under the current cap on the variable tariff and I understand the new cap on the standard varibale tariff from April will be 28p/kWh. Some of the special tariffs for EV charging and variable off-peak/peak rates aren't controlled by the cap and Octopus and others haven't announced what they will be from April.

I didn't take a new fixed tariff as it was far too dear for the next 6 months, and even if the cap increases by another 20% from October, the total cost on the variable tariff will still be less over the next 12 months. Time, and Putin, will tell.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
I didn't take a new fixed tariff as it was far too dear for the next 6 months, and even if the cap increases by another 20% from October, the total cost on the variable tariff will still be less over the next 12 months. Time, and Putin, will tell.
Well, they can’t just keep Putin the prices up but our government aren’t exactly Russian to help the situation.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, they can’t just keep Putin the prices up but our government aren’t exactly Russian to help the situation.
🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
Jumpin' Jack Flash ... it's a gas! gas! gas!

Soon to be replaced in Scotland by Blowin' in the Wind

followed by lighting & heating our homes with a Candle in the Wind.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

"What range does 3.1m/kWh equate to ? Is that an average, and what electrical consumers were in use (lights, heater, A/C, rear screen, heated seats etc.) ?"
Hi Impala, here is a bit of interesting lite nite bedtime reading :sleep: which goes some way to answering your question.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There was an article in a recent Saturday edition of the Daily Telegraph where they gave 3 families living in the country an EV for a week. None of the families got on well with the EV’s, range and recharging were the principal problems - one lady had to resort to driving her children to school on a freezing morning with no heater on to be able to make the return journey and was ridden with anxiety that she wouldn’t make it home and would be stranded in the middle of nowhere. Others found visiting friends and relation in other country areas fraught with recharging (lack of) problems and continuing anxiety about making it home.
The general feeing was that in modern life they wanted a car they could get into and drive without having to continually worry. One of the families normal vehicles was a Lexus Hybrid which there were delighted to return to after the weeks trial. in fact all the participants were very pleased when the trial was over! General view was EV’s were not suitable at the present state of development for country use and charging networks had to be vastly improved before EV’s became at all viable.

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
The purpose of EVs is muddled between air quality/pollution vs climate change.

I can see the logic in cities for reducing emissions and improving air quality and range is not an issue, but even that is in doubt due to high levels of particulates continuing from brakes, tyres and road surface material. But for widespread use to tackle climate change there are too many problems such as lack of electricity generating capacity and charging infrastructure, and at the moment much of the electricity is still produced by gas fired power stations.

The rush to EVs and ban on sales of new petrol & diesel vehicles is dangerously premature. Hydrogen, either for fuel cells to power EVs or internal combustion with zero emissions, offers a far better solution but is still a few years away.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,911 Posts
EVs are looking more appealing with petrol likely to reach absurd prices with this Russian nonsense. Time to buy some jerry cans and stock up while it’s not gold dust.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts