Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I got mine 31 May, it is Flash Red with white roof 1.0 TSI I have done 400 miles, well what can i say Wonderful ? Marvellous? yes that's right I really like this car :D its so quite and smooth just cant believe its only a 1.0, previous car was 1.2 and I thought that was lively but the T-Roc is way better. This is my first VW and I am very impressed , the build quality is very good too, I don't mind the hard plastic I never put my face on it. :lol:

Now I wonder if any one can help me , is it possible to add Sat-Nav by just getting the right SD card map or dose it need something else as well ?

1.0 TSI Flash Red with White roof

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, unless included in the specification when ordered, I would think best bet is to use your mobile google maps with android auto for your sat-nav (or apple equivalent). I could be wrong but don't think so.....

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'd agree. The CMS and the DNS are two different things, I don't think it's just lack of a card that prevents sat nav. I deliberately didn't get the sat nav because I always use Waze and will continue to do so, via Android Auto.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On the subject of the sat-nav alternatives, I really like most of the Apple Car Play features but I've not seen any option to use Waze or Google maps.
I'm stuck with Apple Maps which meant on Saturday instead of going to Selkirk rugby club I ended up at a hotel about a mile away!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Today's Apple keynote has announced that car play will support 3rd party maps with the iOS 12 update. Including Google and Waze!

·
Registered
51 Posts
JosieB said:
Today's Apple keynote has announced that car play will support 3rd party maps with the iOS 12 update. Including Google and Waze!
Great spot! Now if only VW implement allowed the cross into Active Display then that surely will be a game changer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
JosieB said:
Thanks Josie,
Superb news.

It can't come soon enough, yesterday I asked (whilst in the T-Roc on Apple Car play) Siri to go to "jurys inn edinburgh" & it wanted to take me to Ben & Jerrys, which is all very well because who can turn down an ice cream but I'd have preferred to get where I wanted to go to! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.