Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering putting some better headlight bulbs in my T-roc, as I think the headlights are a bit rubbish. I was thinking on the lines of Philips Does anyone know what number bulbs are required, and will it be an easy job to replace them? I am thinking along the lines of Osram or Philips quality, which are best, both to give the whitest and brightest light.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have found the ge updated bulbs to be very good. If my memory serves it is the megalight. I have put some in my old audi a2 in both dipped and main and been really impressed, good white light and definitely increased range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also think that the standard headlights are disappointing - any one know how to change the headlight bulb? The full beam bulbs just pulls out, is it the same for the headlights?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have just upgraded all of my headlamp bulbs to OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED type H7
If you have large hands try a practice run to see how you can reach behind the Low beam headlight (outer) as it can be quite tricky - you have to twist the bulb holder to remove it and seeing what you are doing is also limited - also note that you have to get the bulb holder the right way up.
Although there is an improvement to the headlamps if you are likely to find it difficult get your dealer to do it for you.
I may take my vehicle in to check my headlamp alignment is correct - not sure about it.
Also bear in mind that any increase in headlamp performance - will result in a shorter life for the bulbs.

I also changed the front flasher bulbs to OSRAM DIADEM CHROME PY21W
When not in use the flasher looks clear (no amber reflection) but is bright amber when flashing

The instructions in the handbook to change the headlamp bulbs is not very helpful as per the rest of the handbook - if you took any of the warnings
seriously you might not want to risk driving your T-ROC :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for that. Once you know what you need to do i.e. twist the bulb holder, it's a simple job. Don't know why VW suggest you need to go to dealer other to make more money. Pathetic.

Like the suggestion for the indicator bulbs too. Will order a set.👍

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi CT67
Forgot to mention that the Main beam headlights (inner) you just pull the back part of the bulb upwards to unclip it from the holder -
the reverse applies to refit the replacement - much easier to fit than the outer headlamp bulbs. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.