Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,
Had my 2.0 ltr petrol SEL DSG Inc sports pack since April 2018.
Have had other VW cars before and on the t roc the mirror heaters seem to take a very long time to work.i have to press the heated screen button at least two cycles as it switched off after a short time to save the battery,don't think this time is adjustable.
Has any other t roc user had this problem ?

Regards
Pete

Ps used to the inferior plastics now in the car,shame though as this car drives like a dream.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Surely they should just heat up with the heated rear window? Why complicate things with a separate switch? That's how my last 3 Renaults were .. Vive la France!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
It tells you in the instruction manual that 2:00 is the right mirror, 10:00 is the left mirror, 7:00 is fold mirrors, 5:00 is heated mirrors, 12:00 is all things are off. Page 100

·
Registered
376 Posts
Exterior mirrors
Switch on the ignition.
Turn the rotary knob in the driver door to the desired symbol

Electrically fold in the exterior mirrors ⇒ .Switch on the exterior mirror heating. The exterior mirror heating heats only at ambient temperatures below +20°C (+68°F) and initially with the highest setting. Heating takes place dependent on the ambient temperature after around two minutes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for prompt replies.
I really must read all of the handbooks !!!
I have read page 100 in the handbook and now understand.
What puzzles me is why VW on the t roc have NOT LINKED it into the rear heated screen timer setting. ? as per other VW models.
They saved money on inferior plastics and not top coating the engine bay paintwork but give this tally in necessary additional switch.
I love the comment that you have to switch off to conserve fuel assume they mean by putting a load on the battery.
Great stuff,still love the car.
Pete

·
Registered
86 Posts
The system with the heated mirrors being operated from the adjustment switch on the drivers door is not new to the Troc. I'ts been there for around 10 years on my previous cars, Tiguan and Mk 7 Golf,

Ian H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts