Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sport pack which comes with a heated steering wheel but I have no idea how to turn this on? I've followed the instructions in the manual but still no joy? Does anyone know how this works????
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well I believe if you haven't got a push button with a steering wheel icon on, it will be of the automatic type- whereby sensors pickup the temperature and switch on automatically. Usually you access controls for this in the software (under climate control settings) maybe wrong but check it out in your settings- hope this gives pointers.
Regards-
Geoff

·
Registered
49 Posts
Heated steering wheel will be turned on when you tun on the heated seat from the driver. There is no additional button for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi i have heated steering wheel it should come on with drivers heated seat ,the switch for drivers seat should have little steering wheel on it ,it has 3 settings which are adjusted from radio display when heated seat is on there should be a little icon on the top of radio display

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
According to the options shown in the price list, it is not available for R-Line as it uses a different steering wheel to the other trims.

Here is a screenshot of the current T-Roc price list. Font Technology Parallel Slope Number

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Doesn't it come with the winter pack ?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Newtroconthebloc said:
Afraid not ... the Winter Pack only includes heated front seats, heated windscreen washer jets and low windscreen washer fluid warning.

This is from the VW price list ... Font Screenshot Darkness Number Multimedia

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Impala said:
Newtroconthebloc said:
Afraid not ... the Winter Pack only includes heated front seats, heated windscreen washer jets and low windscreen washer fluid warning.

This is from the VW price list ...T-Roc Winter Pack.jpg
Oh yes, strange as you wouldn't want a heated steering wheel in the summer !

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Frankly I don't see much point in having a totally differt steering wheel in the R Line rather than just changing the central badge if anything is needed to distinguish it. At least that way R Line owners would have the choice of a heated steering wheel like everyone else and it would be far cheaper for VW to produce.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
One other difference I discovered a year ago, so may have changed.

The R-Line DSG models have paddle shifters fitted as standard - but no heated steering wheel option on any R-Lines

On SE, Design and SEL DSG models, paddle shifters are optional, with or without optional heated steering wheel.

HOWEVER, if you order the Sports Pack on an SEL DSG model you cannot have paddle shifters even as an option. I queried that on live chat and it was confirmed to me, which seems even stranger as paddle shifters are surely for sportier models :?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Impala said:

The R-Line DSG models have paddle shifters fitted as standard - but no heated steering wheel option on any R-Lines

On SE, Design and SEL DSG models, paddle shifters are optional, with or without optional heated steering wheel.

HOWEVER, if you order the Sports Pack on an SEL DSG model you cannot have paddle shifters even as an option. I queried that on live chat and it was confirmed to me, which seems even stranger as paddle shifters are surely for sportier models :?

In France the sports pack is included with the R line model that i have ordered.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Impala said:

Strange how country specs vary.
Spain.
Paddles are an option with dsg, standard in rebel pack.
Lumber support only with leather.
Heated seats not at all. (Presumably Spaniards are hot ass,d enough without them.)
Some models mandatory keyless.
No coloured wheel options period.
This to mention just a few of the major items.
It does go on. 🙄

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
And they wonder why there are backlogs for customer orders !

·
Registered
985 Posts
Must admit, never really felt the need for a heated steering wheel......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.