Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I’ve just bought a brand new T-ROC!

I can’t really work anything on it just yet, far too technical for me.

Are there any functions that are just so good I should use?

Bex.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, did your dealer not go through explaining the features and set up everything for you.
Grab a cup of tea and read the owners manual, it will be very helpful in explaining what everything does. Better still sit down inside your T-Roc and go through the manual playing with the settings. If you are unsure on what does what or what it is there for than don't enable it just yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well of course he did, but it is a lot to take in! So you’re saying you don’t think that there are any features that stand out from the rest then? When I get a free hour or so I’ll do just that, but not a tea as I prefer a hot chocolate! 🤣

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I wouldn't rely on what a dealer demonstrated or 'explained' at hand over. Same with the manual/handbook.

Sit in the car and use the car menus/settings and start at the very top, and work systematically through each sub section just to get an idea of what can be enabled/customised but make sure you cancel out of everything so as not to make or save any changes, but make some notes of anything you find interesting or might find useful, then you can look for more details later in the manual before making any changes.

Note, sometimes the ignition has to be switched on to access some options.

It's also worth noting that some some things like radio, media and sat nav have their own settings accessible by touching the settings cog/icon usually located in the bottom right corner of the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
Blue VOLKSWAGEN T-ROC R-LINE TSI EVO S-A
7 Posts
Hi there,

I’ve just bought a brand new T-ROC!

I can’t really work anything on it just yet, far too technical for me.

Are there any functions that are just so good I should use?

Bex.
I bought a new T-Roc R-Line Cabriolet last year to replace my Jaguar F-Type as I never used it. I am still playing with the settings etc. as the dealer didn't explain anything.He even had himself logged in as primary user( The nerve)

·
Registered
Blue VOLKSWAGEN T-ROC R-LINE TSI EVO S-A
7 Posts
Exactly!---I couldn't log myself in as primary until I told the idiot to delete himself.--This was Listers at Worcester--I had originally booked a White,Manual,T-ROC Cabriolet,Park Assist,non-keyless,san Marino wheels etc at Motorline Coulsdon , paid the 7.5K deposit and was told the car would be ready in about 3 months---3 months later, they said that "due to Covid" , it was going to be yet another 3 months --Hmmm---I cancelled, got back deposit, looked around and ended up getting a brand new one at Worcester although Ravena Blue, Keyless, Auto etc--Saying that, my wife loves the Blue better than the White and is also getting used to Automatics so happiness all round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts