Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took delivery of my T-Roc last Thursday, 15 November having ordered it on 31 July! Well worth the wait though I love it.
One thing though, I can't connect to Car Net. I've done the wlan connection to my iPhone, got the activation code, but VW doesn't like it and I can't register!

I've spoken to customer services for car net and they tell me there isn't a problem with my car as they can see I've tried connecting, it appears to be a problem at their end. I'm waiting to hear from them, but it's been a week now and I just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got exactly the same issue. I have the WLAN symbol on the infotainment screen that shows the car is connected to the mobile hotspot on phone, type in the activation code but it just won't connect. I emailed customer services but no response yet.

R-line 1.5 manual, pure white, black roof.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I collected my car last Wednesday and I tried numerous times to activate Car-Net using the code, but I did manage to get it working on Monday.

I was getting an 'unable to reach server' message, so I assume it was a problem at the VW end and not the car, or my mobile phone.

Once I managed to activate Car-Net, I noticed the following VW message - 'We are working on improving your Car-Net experience. For this reason, access to the Car-Net portal may be restricted from 26/11/2018, 00:00 to 01/12/2018, 00:00. Alternatively, you can use the Car-Net app.'

So try and activate before then, or who knows how long it will take. :roll:

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brian. I noticed that message too, but I've tried again tonight and still getting the same error message. Thank goodness it's free is all I can say 🤨

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wouldn't say its free. As an option the car net security and service is £350, so like all other R line owners we've paid for it in the price of the car whether we would have chosen it as an option or not.

T~Roc 1.5TSI EVO R Line pure white/black

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would be interested if anyone has experienced a conflict when you connect you mobile through the USB and VW cable versus connecting you mobile via bluetooth. I have been to the dealer three times now and told there is nothing wrong with my car but it transpires that there are two systems in operation and by using the USB and connecting to the car, I cannot use the handsfree voice control for mobile calls and the address book is unavailable when using the steering wheel controls. I am lead to believe as similar problem existed on the Tiguan which was later resolved.

·
Registered
37 Posts
AV82 said:
I would be interested if anyone has experienced a conflict when you connect you mobile through the USB and VW cable versus connecting you mobile via bluetooth. I have been to the dealer three times now and told there is nothing wrong with my car but it transpires that there are two systems in operation and by using the USB and connecting to the car, I cannot use the handsfree voice control for mobile calls and the address book is unavailable when using the steering wheel controls. I am lead to believe as similar problem existed on the Tiguan which was later resolved.
What phone are you using?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seems you can only either use the phone function on the car itself or CarPlay. Once you have connected to CarPlay you lose the functionality via the traditional phone menu.

If you connect via Bluetooth first before plugging in your phone to the USB it should stay connected to the traditional phone menu with contacts available until you access the app menu at which point it will prompt to connect to CarPlay

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've not been able to connect to the car-app, but as mine is going back to the dealer on Monday to sort faulty sensors and squeaky brakes - I'll get them to check that too!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.