Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Dave from south east Kent.

I'm in the process of buying a T-Roc Black Edition 1.5 TSI 150PS EVO 6-speed Manual 5 Door in Indium Grey.

I've never had a VW before as I've always been a Honda nut, but the test drive for the T Roc was amazing. The style and comfort of the drive and just the whole vehicle was great.

I've been told around 4-6 weeks for delivery...just hoping it comes sooner than that.

The only thing I worry about at these times is the Civic I'm trading in stays in the same condition it's in now, I've been offered £9.8k for it so it's a lot to lose.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hello davejo, great wee forum to join 👌

I'm sure everything will work out alright when your T-roc comes.
Would be interesting to find out if the volkswagen is better long term in comparison to the Honda 🤔

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well so far driving from the dealers home which is around 15 miles the drive was better than the Honda. The road noise is quieter and the engine seems quieter too. The performance when you accelerate is far better than the Honda, although the Honda was a 1.8 this 1.5 has far better acceleration, the reaction time from pedal to metal is far quicker in the T-Roc. So to say the least I'm very happy at the moment.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well so far driving from the dealers home which is around 15 miles the drive was better than the Honda. The road noise is quieter and the engine seems quieter too. The performance when you accelerate is far better than the Honda, although the Honda was a 1.8 this 1.5 has far better acceleration, the reaction time from pedal to metal is far quicker in the T-Roc. So to say the least I'm very happy at the moment.
I take it your Honda was one of the old normally aspirated v-tec engines?
The turbo in the 1.5 t-roc makes a massive difference, full torque comes in at 1500rpm were as the hondas was probably around 6000rpm+
I had a test drive in a Honda civic 1.5 v-tec (115bhp) back in 1997 and thought it was dead, I didn't realise I had to rev the dung out of it to get it to go 🤷‍♂️😂

• Haha
Reactions: twist

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I take it your Honda was one of the old normally aspirated v-tec engines?
The turbo in the 1.5 t-roc makes a massive difference, full torque comes in at 1500rpm were as the hondas was probably around 6000rpm+
I had a test drive in a Honda civic 1.5 v-tec (115bhp) back in 1997 and thought it was dead, I didn't realise I had to rev the dung out of it to get it to go 🤷‍♂️😂
Yes it was a 2016 Civic 1.8 i-VTEC, I agree it was slow to take off but when it did it just kept going. I'm not prepared to say on here how fast it went but I could have gone back to the future very nearly one and a half times ;)

The main reason for selling was that it's very low down and being of a certain age I was finding it difficult to climb out of it, now with the T-Roc I can put my feet on the ground and just slide off the seat and I'm standing up :)

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
1 - 6 of 6 Posts