Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Good Lady got a call from local dealers at the weekend saying that, as she'd ordered a new 1.5 Style - would she like to come down and see one in the flesh as they'd just got a couple in. I went with her - saw a facelift R (standard except for paint) in showroom, had a quick test drive and put a deposit down. No chance of DCC and sad to see that remote boot feature no longer available + no surround view etc - all things I like on my current Porsche Macan Diesel.

But, I like the size and performance (+ it's cheaper than another Macan!) so only time will tell if I'm making the right choice.

I look forward to gaining much info from the Forum and hopefully contributing more as my ownership progresses - should put it on the road by the end of this month. First job might be a quick black wrap of the chrome roof bars and window surrounds just to see what a part DIY Black Pack might look like.

A couple of pics below:-

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
490 Posts
this is the less equipped version of the T-Roc R, there is the black package version with akrapovic exhaust and much prettier 19 rims (for me),etc.....

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree with you re less equipped Seal. I can do without the £3k Akrapovic though + with having 235/60/18s on my three previous motors - going down to 215/50/18s is already a tough pill to swallow + the thought of 19s is too much for my nearly 70 yr old back to suffer! Would’ve liked the DCC though👍

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
Agree with you re less equipped Seal. I can do without the £3k Akrapovic though + with having 235/60/18s on my three previous motors - going down to 215/50/18s is already a tough pill to swallow + the thought of 19s is too much for my nearly 70 yr old back to suffer! Would’ve liked the DCC though👍
I actually thought those were 19" wheels, they actually look spot on 👌
I only have 19's because they came on my T-Roc, definitely a wee bit more comfort to be had on the 18's.

Reactions: Caster

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually thought those were 19" wheels, they actually look spot on 👌
I only have 19's because they came on my T-Roc, definitely a wee bit more comfort to be had on the 18's.
Thanks - I hope you’re right re the comfort + the more or less free alloy & tyre insurance the dealer included should help with the higher chance of kerbing etc👍
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
I’ve always thought the 19s looked ever so slightly too big on the T-Roc. Maybe 18.5s would be perfect haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Castor, Car looks great from the pics, I’ve got an R line with DCC on 19” 225/40 wheels and most of the time I tend not to change the settings, I tend to flip more between drive and sport with the auto box, with the 18” wheels the ride will be fine. Do you know if they lower the suspension on the facelift R? from the pictures it looks like it’s not lowered, if so this this may also help the ride, as we all know the only real answer is very thick rubber tyres and smooth roads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good - I have a Lapiz Blue R on order. Which dealer is this? - I'd be interesting to know more about the spec now that cars are actually arriving. Does this have heated seats as standard I wonder?

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Castor, Car looks great from the pics, I’ve got an R line with DCC on 19” 225/40 wheels and most of the time I tend not to change the settings, I tend to flip more between drive and sport with the auto box, with the 18” wheels the ride will be fine. Do you know if they lower the suspension on the facelift R? from the pictures it looks like it’s not lowered, if so this this may also help the ride, as we all know the only real answer is very thick rubber tyres and smooth roads.
Hi Ian…thanks for the comments + the suspension seemed OK on the test drive (checked over speed bumps, cats eyes and a pot hole!) but you never know until had a while. The VW website says “ Dynamic cornering is achieved thanks to the sports running gear lowered by 20 mm” so should be lower than a normal one. Think it should be OK but, if not, I’ll have to stick to the smoother roads!!

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good - I have a Lapiz Blue R on order. Which dealer is this? - I'd be interesting to know more about the spec now that cars are actually arriving. Does this have heated seats as standard I wonder?
Hope you get your R soon Welshchris. I got mine from Vertu at Knaresborough + think JCT600 had one exactly the same at Bradford for sale as well. I understand could’ve been registered as demo’s for up to 12 months but I was lucky to be able to buy. No heated seats + no rear camera but I’m having the VW one fitted by dealer for £500! I understand only factory option added is the Black Pearl paint.

Let me know if any other spec unsure about👍

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Hi Caster, car looks fantastic and I think black is going to become more popular as it avoids the "in your face" bottle opener appearance of the new front end that is more apparent with other colours. Pity they are still skimping on things like the heated seats and rear camera on a near top of the range model.

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Caster, car looks fantastic and I think black is going to become more popular as it avoids the "in your face" bottle opener appearance of the new front end that is more apparent with other colours. Pity they are still skimping on things like the heated seats and rear camera on a near top of the range model.
Many thanks Impala + I know what you mean about the “not in your face” look - although I did enjoy owning a similar blue Vectra VXR back in the day!

Would’ve been nice to get an electric boot also as standard - I think it was on previous models but happy to settle for overall spec👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just been told I'll get my car before the end of July - Not getting my hopes up but it might be positive news.

Random question - I believe the MIB3 satnav doesn't use an sd card slot for the maps? - does it still have an sd card slot for media (i.e. my music collection)?

·
Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fingers crossed for a July delivery Welshchris.

I don’t know much about the Sat Nav & media system storage but when I opened the glove box there was what looked like something similar to the old CD player in there. That obviously isn’t included anymore but it also had at least one, maybe two what looked like they could’ve been SD card slots.

I asked the salesman and he said they could be something to do with media/Sat nav but he wasn’t sure.

If I get chance I’ll make further enquiries 👍

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
Just been told I'll get my car before the end of July - Not getting my hopes up but it might be positive news.

Random question - I believe the MIB3 satnav doesn't use an sd card slot for the maps? - does it still have an sd card slot for media (i.e. my music collection)?
No SD card slots or CD player, just X2 USB C ports for pen drives.
Map updates done over the air along with MIB3 software updates.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh that's a retrograde step for me - I have about 120gb of music on an sd card in my Golf GTI 7.5 - sounds like that's now redundant. I'll have to get a high capacity usb-c pen drive by the sounds of it. How many usb-c ports does the car have that can be used? - I hope 2 - one for the carplay and one for the pen drive. I have both sources running at the same time in my golf (sd card for music and carplay for waze).

1 - 20 of 55 Posts