Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
Agree with you re less equipped Seal. I can do without the £3k Akrapovic though + with having 235/60/18s on my three previous motors - going down to 215/50/18s is already a tough pill to swallow + the thought of 19s is too much for my nearly 70 yr old back to suffer! Would’ve liked the DCC though👍
I actually thought those were 19" wheels, they actually look spot on 👌
I only have 19's because they came on my T-Roc, definitely a wee bit more comfort to be had on the 18's.

Reactions: Caster

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
Just been told I'll get my car before the end of July - Not getting my hopes up but it might be positive news.

Random question - I believe the MIB3 satnav doesn't use an sd card slot for the maps? - does it still have an sd card slot for media (i.e. my music collection)?
No SD card slots or CD player, just X2 USB C ports for pen drives.
Map updates done over the air along with MIB3 software updates.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
This might be even more encouraging news Welshchris - I went to the dealers today and took the opportunity to look in glovebox again. Saw two SD card slots at top (pic below) and checked with a different salesman who said you could put a media SD card in them and it would show on main display as a media source - thus enabling you to play your 120gb of music from.
@Bigwheel is correct, those are for storage only, a left over from the original MIB2 unit with SD card slots.

Just shows you the salesmen haven't a clue 🤷‍♂️🤣🙈

Reactions: twist and Caster

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
Nice R 🥰

I personally have never used the voice control in my car, I feel like a pratt talking to it 🤷‍♂️

As for kessy, you might be able to code it out???
Previous volkswagen models kessy systems could be coded out but you then had to hold the fob against where the key ignition was every time you want to start the car.

There's nothing wrong with the kessy system now anyway, the fob goes to sleep after 5 or 10 minutes of inactivity.
Also I'm sure you're aware you can deactivate the keyless entry temporarily by locking the car with the fob then touching the door handle? (or the other way around, can't remember)

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
That's new ... is it only on the mk2, or is it on all cars with Mib3 units ?

Good when it works, but could be a bit of a shock if you don't keep the map data up to date and they build a new roundabout ... 😵😖😢😭
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Circle

A few owners on other forums are complaining about the T-ROC maintaining the incorrect speed limits & apparently the cockpit also alerts you of forthcoming corners?

As you've already mentioned, it's only as good/accurate as the data stored on your maps/Nav.

Can be turned off though "apparently"

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
I've never used it or even tried it but I'm impressed with all the detail & information that's provided.
You'd wonder how they manage to keep it up to date 🤔🤷‍♂️

1 - 7 of 7 Posts