Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Hi Caster, car looks fantastic and I think black is going to become more popular as it avoids the "in your face" bottle opener appearance of the new front end that is more apparent with other colours. Pity they are still skimping on things like the heated seats and rear camera on a near top of the range model.

Reactions: Caster

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Those 2 SD slots are only for stowing SD cards. There is no electrical connection.
And if you are lucky, your card won't disappear into the void behind and never be seen again :(

Don't put a card in there if it has anything important on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
... excellent ACC - even warns you of and slows you down for roundabouts ...
That's new ... is it only on the mk2, or is it on all cars with Mib3 units ?

Good when it works, but could be a bit of a shock if you don't keep the map data up to date and they build a new roundabout ... 😵😖😢😭

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Interesting that the VW Nav map showed various road work signs on it. I wasn’t sure how up to date they were but salesman said that it can update its map info daily via the car Wi-Fi - in fact, it did an update when we initially turned the unit on.
@Caster - If you have signed up and registered the car in We Connect, with the Guide & Inform service and have an internet connection, then the Sat Nav works wonders. You also have to enable some of this in the Sat Nav settings.

The following relates to my experience with the Mib2 system, so yours could well be different ...

On the Mib2, the Traffic Flow options have to be enabled in the Sat Nav map settings as in this screen shot ... I don't normally turn on 'Display free moving traffic' as it adds an unnecessary green border on both sides of all main roads, which just clutters the map, so I assume if there is no red or yellow border(s) then the road is clear and free flowing.

Gadget Plant Audio equipment Font Gas

It shows road works, road closures and traffic flow (clear, congestion, stationary, accidents etc.) and if you have enabled dynamic route guidance it will automatically update the route to avoid severe problems. It does all of that in near real-time and differentiates between opposite directions of travel. But it also displays all this traffic/road info whether you are using route guidance or not, and I find it so useful that I mostly drive with my Sat Nav switched on and displaying the map.

If you touch one of the symbols for road works/closure/congestion etc., a side panel opens up and provides details. I've attached some screenshots I captured a while ago to illustrate typical operation ... note how for example, the red/yellow/green borders can be on either or both sides of a road to indicate which direction(s) is/are affected.

You can try all this out without even taking your car out of the driveway ... just pan the map, zooming out/in as needed, to centre on a major urban area then zoom in towards some of the highlighted areas. My screenshots are for central Glasgow but captured at home 30 miles away and stationary.

Gps navigation device Map Automotive navigation system World Gadget
Gps navigation device Map Font Display device Slope
Font Gadget Electronic device Display device Multimedia
Map Font Screenshot Display device Gas
Gps navigation device Map Gadget Font Display device
Map Automotive navigation system Gps navigation device World Font
Map Gadget Gps navigation device Font World

I really hope the Mib3 unit can do the same or similar to the above, as I would find that a great loss and a disincentive to replace my 2019 T-Roc with the new model. So please try this out and let us know if it is as good or better.

• Wow
Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
Thanks Caster - does Waze use the traffic info to dynamically alter the route guidance ?

And what about the issue with CarPlay showing an incorrect GPS position of the car on the map display - has that been fixed ? I'm pretty sure that was CarPlay rather than AndroidAuto.

·
Super Moderator
2,750 Posts
The petrol prices aren't always up to date, especially now when they seem to change by the hour.

But what I really like about it is when I'm away on a break or holiday in an unfamiliar area. Once you find a cheap price then you just tap route and you will be guided there. Couldn't be easier.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts