Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the replies - sounds very encouraging. All I need is the car now! :)
This might be even more encouraging news Welshchris - I went to the dealers today and took the opportunity to look in glovebox again. Saw two SD card slots at top (pic below) and checked with a different salesman who said you could put a media SD card in them and it would show on main display as a media source - thus enabling you to play your 120gb of music from. He did also confirm that Nav updates are done over the air.
Was nice from my needs to play my Spotify music wirelessly through CarPlay - good news for both of us馃憤
Personal luxury car Font Auto part Mid-size car Metal

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
This might be even more encouraging news Welshchris - I went to the dealers today and took the opportunity to look in glovebox again. Saw two SD card slots at top (pic below) and checked with a different salesman who said you could put a media SD card in them and it would show on main display as a media source - thus enabling you to play your 120gb of music from.
@Bigwheel is correct, those are for storage only, a left over from the original MIB2 unit with SD card slots.

Just shows you the salesmen haven't a clue 馃し鈥嶁檪锔忦煠p煓

Reactions: twist and Caster

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Many thanks Bigwheel & Vernerbongo2 - I鈥檒l have great pleasure in taking a music filled SD card into the salesman and asking him to show me how it plays them!

Great to see that the Forum is the place to come for the correct info - thanks again馃憤

Super Moderator
Those 2 SD slots are only for stowing SD cards. There is no electrical connection.
And if you are lucky, your card won't disappear into the void behind and never be seen again :(

Don't put a card in there if it has anything important on it.

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
And if you are lucky, your card won't disappear into the void behind and never be seen again :(

Don't put a card in there if it has anything important on it.
Thanks for that Impala - I will heed your words when I try it out 馃憤

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Apologies Vernerbongo2 - I should've put..... "when I get the salesman who said it would work to try it out"! :)
Salesman wouldn鈥檛 even try loading an SD card today after shining a light into the slots!!
Thanks again + nice that the Forum info is spot on 馃憤

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Update鈥︹till hoping to have it on the road in June but a couple of snags:-

1. I wanted the VW Reversing Camera fitting (a 拢500 cost) but sadly the facelift isn鈥檛 compatible with the current VW after fit kit so will have to wait for VW to develop the parts. Apparently another local VW dealer having same issue + they鈥檙e trying out an Aston Martin camera set up which might work! If they can fit another system I鈥檝e told them to go ahead + it should be cheaper than the 拢500 VW version!

2. Think this might have come up before but front mudflaps are OK to be fitted but VW ones don鈥檛 fit the rears. Agreed that I鈥檒l have a look at some rear ones + see if a bit of modification might be possible. Otherwise have some custom made from a company who sorted me some for a Focus ST that Ford couldn鈥檛 provide any for. Would work out cheaper as well!

Hard work getting a new motor how you want it!

Registered
Question - there鈥檚 a new R for sale at Wrexham VW, but it doesn鈥檛 look as though it has the top spec infotainment for some reason. I was under the impression the the R had the 鈥渂uttonless鈥 screen - any ideas? - this looks like the MIB2 unit in my Golf GTI.

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
This is the unit in mine Welshchris - looks the same as the one in the Wrexham advert. Mind you, the description of the Wrexham one says its got nappa leather, DCC and electric boot etc but don't think first two items are shown in their pics 馃.
Plus, mine doesn't have the CD unit in the glove box + looks like the MIB3 faceplate picture in Vernerbongo2鈥檚 post above if that helps ID it.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just made it in June! Picked it up by 7pm tonight and now back home on drive!

First impressions - my back just about got a comfy position - further work needed though; suspension fine so far without DCC; excellent ACC - even warns you of and slows you down for roundabouts; 35.2 mpg on a mixed driving mode 30 mile trip; the auto park assist takes a bit of practise and it 鈥渞eally goes鈥 in Race mode!

Other points - Dealer fitted rear view camera works OK but even comes on when going forward towards an obstacle! Will fit my mudflats tomorrow (report later) + is it worth paying just over 拢200 for Voice Activation and can you turn off keyless access permanently?

Quick pic:-
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Nice R 馃グ

I personally have never used the voice control in my car, I feel like a pratt talking to it 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

As for kessy, you might be able to code it out???
Previous volkswagen models kessy systems could be coded out but you then had to hold the fob against where the key ignition was every time you want to start the car.

There's nothing wrong with the kessy system now anyway, the fob goes to sleep after 5 or 10 minutes of inactivity.
Also I'm sure you're aware you can deactivate the keyless entry temporarily by locking the car with the fob then touching the door handle? (or the other way around, can't remember)

Super Moderator
... excellent ACC - even warns you of and slows you down for roundabouts ...
That's new ... is it only on the mk2, or is it on all cars with Mib3 units ?

Good when it works, but could be a bit of a shock if you don't keep the map data up to date and they build a new roundabout ... 馃樀馃槚馃槩馃槶

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Nice R 馃グ

I personally have never used the voice control in my car, I feel like a pratt talking to it 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

As for kessy, you might be able to code it out???
Previous volkswagen models kessy systems could be coded out but you then had to hold the fob against where the key ignition was every time you want to start the car.

There's nothing wrong with the kessy system now anyway, the fob goes to sleep after 5 or 10 minutes of inactivity.
Also I'm sure you're aware you can deactivate the keyless entry temporarily by locking the car with the fob then touching the door handle? (or the other way around, can't remember)
Thanks Vernerbongo2 - I liked to use my previous voice control for asking it to play any song I fancied (via Spotify) or giving a Nav destination etc. A lot to pay for feature though + Apps like Waze are OK with their inbuilt microphone button anyway!

The kessy system sounds good + looks like a bit of Manual reading and testing required but nice that you can temporarily deactivate it anyway.

Registered
TROC R 2022 Black Pearl
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
That's new ... is it only on the mk2, or is it on all cars with Mib3 units ?

Good when it works, but could be a bit of a shock if you don't keep the map data up to date and they build a new roundabout ... 馃樀馃槚馃槩馃槶
Can鈥檛 help you with your first question Impala but I鈥檓 going to a spot where there鈥檚 a new roundabout in next few days so will use ACC and see what happens.
Interesting that the VW Nav map showed various road work signs on it. I wasn鈥檛 sure how up to date they were but salesman said that it can update its map info daily via the car Wi-Fi - in fact, it did an update when we initially turned the unit on.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts