Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a T roc R which is an awesome machine which I love ...but the horn is pathetic , it isn’t loud enough to fit on a push bike .
your thoughts please .

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,903 Posts
This has been discussed at length on the forum. The T-Roc used to get a 2-tone horn like the Golf but then VW cheaped out and switched to a single-tone one. Most have the single but a few members have added the second horn and spliced the wiring loom to power it.

I considered it but was too worried about warranty issues to go through with it.

The horns sit behind the near side fog light housing and it can be a little tricky to work in such a small area but one member posted a detailed tutorial for how they went about it. I’ll link it if I can find it.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,903 Posts
Tutorial here

Unfortunately it seems the recent migration of this forum to another platform has ruined his post and removed all the images. Shame as they really helped.

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
Tutorial here

Unfortunately it seems the recent migration of this forum to another platform has ruined his post and removed all the images. Shame as they really helped.
I wonder if that is a general problem or if there was something specific to those images, eg size or image format.

It would be bad news for the forum and members if it is widespread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.