Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I ask how long from placing a new car order with the dealer did you wait for VW to supply the factory order number so you could track it using the App?

I ordered my TRoc on 20th October - dealer advised that the factory order number would be through "by Monday 29th October latest" - here we are at Thursday 1st November and they tell me they still await it from VW.

Can't say I'm particularly impressed - didn't have this hassle when I've ordered Audi's in the past, and its essentially the same VAG system - isn't it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered mine on 18/7/18, and got an email with a tracking number from VW on 1/8/18

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got my order no. on the day, from the dealer, but it didn't show on the system for a couple of weeks
SF

·
Registered
428 Posts
Paperwork signed on 04/09/18 and received a video via e-mail on 07/09/18 from Dealer showing completed on-line order form including order number. To be honest I think the Car Tracker a bit of a gimmick, my car has been showing as 'with the factory' since 05/09/18, the day after my paperwork was completed.
I used to think things would be starting to take shape once I had a Build Week but at time of posting I still haven't got one. Reading other posts in the Forum it just seems to be more bulls**t (and not too relevant) to keep us dangling on the line.
Oops, think I'm becoming a bit PARANOID about the whole thing!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also think the car tracking app is an unnecessary gimmick and lulls us all into either disappointment or premature excitement that the delivery is close. Listers dealer is my case def covered their backside by giving me late Nov as expected delivery date. However I've had the car since end of Sept and therefore thought dealer was 'fabulous' 🤣 maybe I was just lucky?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed I'm aware the tracking app is perhaps a bit of a fantasy, just wasn't sure how long VW took these days. Seems to vary for sure. Ah well in time I guess.

Thanks for all your replies

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered ours on 3rd Jul and received the tracking number on the 10th. Dealer said it would take a couple of weeks for it to appear on the VW system(and therefore in the app) and I have to say he was absolutely right. The app works OK for me but make sure you opt for SMS/email updates because they give more detail than the app when it comes to Stage 5 of the delivery process (app only says 5 but there are actually 3 stages 5a, b & c). As discussed in another thread, it is sometimes worth removing the car from the app and reinserting it to "wake" the app up. I did this a a couple of times and the delivery stage changed on both occasions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.