Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take from "order is with factory" to getting a build date? My order has been in for a few days now and the anticipation is killing me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My wife ordered her T-Roc on 22nd February and was "assured" that the dealer would use one of their order "spots" that they already had in the VW system; we were sent an order confirmation code on about 1st March and have been tracking it ever since ... and it is STILL "With The Factory" :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, I ordered mine at the end of February, got the factory update about 2 weeks later, then few days got my build week as 16/04/18. Nothing to indicate Barnetts Dundee had any 'slots' so don't know how it works.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered mine on 26th Feb and am in the same position - "with the factory"

My dealer told me 12-14 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My order went in on 24th March, jumping on a spot that the dealer had in pre-order and I got my "with factory" notification 2 days later. Sounds like getting a build week could still be some while off then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a 1.5 sel, metallic grey back in October 2018, mine is suppose to bring build this week estimated delivery 26/6/19. There is a long wait I'm afraid.

Let's hope it comes on time

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
All I can add is that the delays seem to be getting less.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ordered 9th April confirmed build date week 21 20th May . Things do seem to be improving 👍

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ordered 12th January, still waiting for my build date!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I called VW head office today and my unconfirmed build week is week 26. She said if this doesn't change then it will be changed to confirmed in the next 2 weeks. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Musicegbdf said:
Our local dealer told us last week that VW are not accepting any 1.5 orders at the moment from dealers. Any orders are put on a wait list whilst they sort the issue with the 1.5 engine .
I hope that includes sorting out the angst of long suffering owners of the 1.5.... :cry:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Musicegbdf said:
Our local dealer told us last week that VW are not accepting any 1.5 orders at the moment from dealers. Any orders are put on a wait list whilst they sort the issue with the 1.5 engine .
As mentioned in my intro, I raised this with my dealer at the weekend and I was told they weren't aware of any issue with the engine or production being put on hold, and I needn't worry as 'that's what warranties are for'.

I placed my order (SE with 1.5 manual) almost 6 weeks ago with an initial delivery date of Sept. When I raised the engine issue at the weekend, I was informed I'd been moved to Status 20 and it might be delivered in 6 weeks or so.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Mutley said:
Ordered 9th April confirmed build date week 21 20th May . Things do seem to be improving 👍
That sounds like you've been very lucky and managed to pick up an existing dealer order that was already in the system, otherwise you would be looking at 26 weeks more likely.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Chris sounds like you may have picked up a slot from dealer order as well . Two weeks ago the dealer was saying 33 weeks . This was confirmed in two other dealerships and on line brokers . Last weekend was when dealer told me no new orders being accepted at the moment .
For your dealer to say that he has not heard of any problem and that is what warranties are for ! Assume his lips were moving ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Musicegbdf said:
Hi Chris sounds like you may have picked up a slot from dealer order as well . Two weeks ago the dealer was saying 33 weeks . This was confirmed in two other dealerships and on line brokers . Last weekend was when dealer told me no new orders being accepted at the moment .
For your dealer to say that he has not heard of any problem and that is what warranties are for ! Assume his lips were moving ...
I'm guessing that's the case based on the experience of others, to be honest, the car arriving sooner isn't ideal as I have three months less than anticipated to scrape together the cash for the deposit!

Having read that dealers were issued the warning about the engine in November and then getting 'confirmation' that there is no issue with the engine, I'm hoping if I do have any trouble that I'll be able to say I was misinformed there weren't problems and want something done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts