Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

How many T-Roc's do you see on the Roads

27K views 50 replies 29 participants last post by  JAMCT 
Only 1 so far since taking delivery on Friday 7th Sepember. Yesterday a Black T-Roc passed me whilst I was alighting from mine outside my local newsagent I waved to the female driver but I don't think I or my fabulous Ravenna Blue car was noticed :x :x :x :lol:

Finbo62 said:
You won't see many T-Rocs as we're still waiting for them to be built🤬🤬🤬
......... OR WLTP tested :roll: . More test facilities urgently required!.

Just seen my second T-Roc [Blue] with reg plate MJ18 *** on tonight's recording of Granada TV Northwest News report of vehicle pollution in Manchester. :shock: ........I must be a very observant T-Roc hunting :geek: :lol:

Attachments

Mackemsteve said:
Not seen many at all but 2 weeks ago saw an identical one to mine (Turmeric with Black roof) in traffic in Sunderland! Thought someone had stolen my car, until I remembered I was driving it.
That's called a 'Senior Moment' :lol:. Where do you fit on the "What Age do we fall into thread?" ;)

This afternoon I spotted a white T-Roc by it's distinctive & unique 'signature LED' daytime running lights in opposing traffic whilst waiting to turn right a traffic signals in Eccles, Manchester. Only the second in the 5 weeks since taking delivery of mine. (excluding the pics I posted of the blue one on a local TV, Manchester traffic program.

How would you describe the partial hexagonal daytime running lights :?: ... in mathematical terms if you are an expert in shapes :ugeek:

Newtroconthebloc said:
In Euclidean geometry, a convex quadrilateral with at least one pair of parallel sides is referred to as a trapezoid in American and Canadian English but as a trapezium in English outside North America.
TRAPEZIUM it is then being a European product :idea:

My T-Roc has a lovely pair of trapezium LED daytime running lights, sounds cool :p

brid said:
JAMCT said:
Newtroconthebloc said:
In Euclidean geometry, a convex quadrilateral with at least one pair of parallel sides is referred to as a trapezoid in American and Canadian English but as a trapezium in English outside North America.

My T-Roc has a lovely pair of trapezium LED daytime running lights, sounds cool :p
Sounds like a great chat up :D
"Which car is yours darling?"

"The blue T-Roc over there with the Trapezium daytime running lights."

"Oh, I thought they were Trapezoid lights"

"What did you say you do for a living?"

I'm a math teacher in the US Embassy's local school"

"Forget about the lights, would you like to come in for coffee?"

"Thought you would never ask"

:D :D :D

Wow, can be seen 500 yards away, a TURMERIC YELLOW 'roc turned left ahead of me at traffic signals in Stretford, Greater Manchester yesterday. Wish I could have got a closer look :x . Could have been a 'demo' as there are 2 VW dealers on that particular main road i.e. Inchcape Manchester and Inchcape Altrincham.

So that's the third I've seen on the road so far - 1 x Black, 1 x White and 1 x Yellow.

PS
It's my birthday today and my better half has given me a generous pot of cash :lol: so I will be having rear and front mud flaps fitted by VW Inchcape Manchester in the next few days. :D

My Ravenna Blue's non-identical twin brother seen in my local shopping centre car park yesterday. However it did not have the LED headlight/daytime running option, otherwise it would have been an identical twin :lol:

My town, Urmston, now inundated with T-rocs, their drivers doing their pre-Christmas & Boxing Day shopping.......... Slight exaggeration😉, but recently I have seen the non-identical twin Ravenna Blue (see above) again, as well a White/Blk roof, Indium grey, Black and Turmeric Yellow models. The New Year should see all those delayed-delivery vehicles show how popular the T-roc is :p

For 2019, who is going to spot a T-roc appear in a TV drama or 'soap'....... report here :geek:

( 'Emmerdale' seems to have a large collection of new automobile models.......those country folk have loads of money :lol: :lol: )

BarryF said:
JAMCT said:
Newtroconthebloc said:

I thought a trapezium has four sides, two of which are parallel (at least if you use the non-US definition). The daylight running lights have six straightish sides, surely it's an irregular hexagon??? :lol:
You're spot on Barry, my car has irregular hexagon designer daytime running lights. Trapezium sounded better but totally incorrect. I'm sure I have even seen the motoring press blurb describing them incorrectly :?

Regarding the mis-named Trapezium/Trapezoid day- time running lights, lets have some geeky fun :ugeek:

Alternative definitions for the HEXAGON according to Wikipedia are:

1. Six-sided polygon.

2. 6-gon.

3. Isogonal hexagon.

So I think I'll refer to the T-Roc as having 6-gon day-time running lights :lol: :geek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.