Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
No idea and can't find any data. But the Tiguan has a 12L tank that's good for "up to 5500 miles". Adblu is roughly £1 per litre if you fill it yourself. No idea what the overhead might be in getting a dealer to do it (not to mention the hassle of having to go to the dealer). Doing it yourself could involve needing a filling kit, or a trip to a filling station with a proper dispensing system (as for petrol/diesel).
The whole adblu malarkey, plus all the horror stories on forums (eg the comments at the end of this story https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/company-car-tax-advice/news/drivers-warned-over-diesel-exhaust-fluid-refill-3/) is what drove me back to a petrol car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No idea, have a petrol, but I saw this movie online which shows the fuel part of the active info display.
That car has driven 3500 kilometers and a range of 7000 left, so I would say around 10.000 kilometers? Although the consumption depends on driving conditions.
But it's nice that you monitor the range on the display so you would not need to check it very often :) It should als be available on the classic dashboard and will display how much you should add, a warning will be shown from a range of about 2000 kilometers according to the manual.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Have a notice on dash to add Adblue, min 4.75ltrs up to 9.25ltrs.
Given all the other waffle about antifreeze top ups mix and matches my question is _ will any brand do the job or is this going to be another VW must have item?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any brand of adblue will do. Don't be distracted by claims of special nozzles or bottles to get the stuff into the tank.
Not necessary, just pour it in from any generic brand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts