Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and had a look at the car yesterday. Looks really nice but inside I was dissapointed. I know the reviews have said about the plastic but to me seems to be an awful lot. I like the styling and the way it sits and interior space is good. Just the dash, which to be fair seems well screwed together, is very plastic and does have flex to it and the doors cards were all plastic save the small armrest pad. I don't have a problem with this if is cheap or a Ford. Bit when the 2.0 sel is over 30 grand before you add a few extras is it just too much. When I spoke to sales guy he came out with some crap about saving weight. I said but it's pushing premium prices and yet the Polo, which is technically 2 model ranges it below, has the soft touch plastics, he kind of wandered off. He had also said everyone is commenting on the plastic so looks like it could be affecting sales. Let me know if you have seen it what you think.

·
Administrator
160 Posts
This concerns me too. BMW X1 similar money, although admittedly it soon shoots up when you add options but it does feel premium. I don't think it looks a fun or funky as the T-Roc but I don't know why fun has to equal cheap.

I also think some of the colours are a little too in your face, like this blue. I think I would be tempted to look into wrapping some of the interior.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gear shift

Tough choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
For me the plastic was always secondary. The car offers what I want/need and thanks for the VW option I was able to pick the extras I wanted without having to pay extra for certain "packages" which are overpriced and contain stuff you don't want/need.

For me it was important to have the boot space that comparable cars (e.g. Q2) didn't offer and I personally love the look/shape of the dashboard - it makes other cars (like the Q2) look like really old. The plastic, who cares? When you'Re driving the car you're not going to notice. Either it's the car you want or it's not. The dashboard material really shouldn't matter that much,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.