Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My VW tracker has today changed to in transit.
The notes indicate an average of 4 weeks
For delivery.
Has anyone on the forum any experience
Of actual delivery times into the UK?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't think any cars other than press and dealer demonstrators are in this country so far.
I ordered my T-roc in October and was told to expect delivery towards the end of January so I expect to be one of the first to have one. The tracker says in transit, this will make the arrival about 14 weeks from placing the order in my case.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think VW has someone who catches up on their paperwork once a week and yesterday was that day.

Yesterday morning my order was still sitting at 'build week confirmed'.

Today the car is in transit.

I doubt I will be the first on here to get hold of it, as it will have to get to UK, then transit to Northern Ireland on a truck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine is in transit now as well. Last week it was still being built so yeah. Not sure it is actually in transit or sitting somewhere waiting to be picked up. Looks like ours will be on the same lorry! :D They're coming from Portugal so but further than Germany.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The tracker tells me today that my car has landed in the uk and will be with the dealer in 7 days.
Getting excited now and will be sad to see my Golf go but when I start enjoying the T-roc it will forgotten.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea-ha!

Keep us posted.

I got a whatsapp photo yesterday from my salesman...... I was convinced it was a photo of our car sitting in his showroom.

Sadly it was just him forwarding a joke to me.

But he said it should take three weeks to arrive from Iberia.

One week down, two to go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Which is the app you can track delivery on?

·
Registered
57 Posts
RDEvans said:
Looks like ours are on the same shipment.
my order tracking has also changed to
Arrived in UK 😄
It's Friday.... as I said earlier, someone updates their paperwork once a week then adds it to the tracker.

2 weeks ago mine jumped from build date confirmed to in transit. ( it never showed as being built ) I have checked every day.

My golf GTD was the same 4 years ago.

Mine has to go from customs in Dover to Northern Ireland by road... so 7 days at least. My last car did it in a day, so I'm guessing it is almost at the dealer....

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Also wanting to see some pics of other members as and when they get their new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would like to think that your theory of
'Someone catching up with the paperwork'
Is flawed. On Wednesday my status changed to
10 days to delivery, on Friday it said arrived
In the UK.
One of us still believes in Father
Christmas 😏

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm just a sceptic.... I checked the tracker every day. It skipped out the build process all together

Went from build week confirmed to in transit

My last car arrived at the dealers in Northern Ireland the same day the tracker showed it as arriving in UK, even though it had to get from South of England onto another freight boat and from there to a hauliers yard a few miles from me, then from there to the dealer 100 miles away.

I just can't wait to get hold of it...... and then there's another few days because of a cherished transfer to hold me up 😩

·
Registered
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
This morning my order has progressed to 'arrived in UK'

I'm sure if you check, others might find the same for their order.

Looking forward to seeing the first pictures from our forum members' new cars.
Yep so did mine!! Well excited! Don't think I will have it for another 2 weeks though as I want it to get a ceramic coating, which a detailer will do at the dealership - if I can get a slot in their busy time tables!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
RDEvans said:
Looks like ours are on the same shipment.
my order tracking has also changed to
Arrived in UK 😄
It's Friday.... as I said earlier, someone updates their paperwork once a week then adds it to the tracker.

2 weeks ago mine jumped from build date confirmed to in transit. ( it never showed as being built ) I have checked every day.

My golf GTD was the same 4 years ago.

Mine has to go from customs in Dover to Northern Ireland by road... so 7 days at least. My last car did it in a day, so I'm guessing it is almost at the dealer....

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Also wanting to see some pics of other members as and when they get their new car.
Mine only has to get to Portsmouth but the dealer said it usually takes 10 (!) days from now still until they have it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is anyone of you slightly "miffed" that we will miss the 2018 plates by like 2 weeks? :p Would be better for keeping its value and although I am not a number plate snob it does seem unfair for such a brand new car to get last year's number plate :p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Superhero, I'm very interested to learn about the ceramic coating you mentioned.

Every car I buy goes straight to a Pal who applies an Autoglym lifeshine kit to it.... amazing stuff which does keep the car looking the biz.

I'm wondering if your thing is the same or something better?

As stated I'm in Northern Ireland. We are still in U.K. and cars are proper UK spec etc. But our number plate system is different from you guys, it's dateless and dealers value a car by year rather that the plate system which changes twice a year.

My GTD was ready a week before the UK 14 plate came out. There was a chance I was moving to Scotland last year, so I held off getting it registered until 1st March. Didn't actually make a difference as we have a personal cherished plate.

But I know what you mean, it's a sad state that the car's value might be reduced because of a fortnight.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Betty Swollocks said:
Superhero, I'm very interested to learn about the ceramic coating you mentioned.

Every car I buy goes straight to a Pal who applies an Autoglym lifeshine kit to it.... amazing stuff which does keep the car looking the biz.

I'm wondering if your thing is the same or something better?

As stated I'm in Northern Ireland. We are still in U.K. and cars are proper UK spec etc. But our number plate system is different from you guys, it's dateless and dealers value a car by year rather that the plate system which changes twice a year.

My GTD was ready a week before the UK 14 plate came out. There was a chance I was moving to Scotland last year, so I held off getting it registered until 1st March. Didn't actually make a difference as we have a personal cherished plate.

But I know what you mean, it's a sad state that the car's value might be reduced because of a fortnight.
The ceramic coating seems to be the latest craze ;-) There are different types or rather detailers use different products and techniques with some taking the car in for 2-3 days, applying 2 coats, obviously they charge the most and claim for their solution to be the best, while others just do one coat in situ/at your address. Because it is cheaper I decided to go for the latter, one guy will do it for 300 exterior and interior coating, another company quoted me 400. I want to try the first guy as he is cheaper and as a ley person I think the products he uses look great.

The reason why I opted out of the autoglym was that everyone online says that it is no good. I don't believe everything I read but am also aware that the dealer wants to sell me his deal. Most people said the main problem was that the dealer doesn't apply it properly at all.

Ceramic coats last 3-5 years, depending, which doesn't sound like much compared to the autoglym lifetime warranty but none of the "experts" say that it actually lasts a lifetime and that you need to stick to a certain washing routine for it to last.

I don't know... I thought if I can get ceramic for less or the same price, I'll try that. Afterall it's applied by experts so if it is badly done, they'll have to sort it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.