Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if i have not noticed this before or if it has just started to happen but my infotainment screen changes brightness by its self.I have turned the light switch off but it still changes. Is it me not noticing this before or is it normal

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
The screen brightness can be set to Day, Night or Automatic. I have mine set to Day as I like the screen to be always bright. I know that the Night setting is like a 'dark theme' to reduce glare, but I'm not sure if Automatic simply switches between Day and Night as I have never tried it. There may be a gradual transition from one to the other according to ambient light level and this may be what you are experiencing.

Go into the Car settings and find the section for 'Screen', where these options should be available. If it is at Automatic, try setting it to Day.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The screen brightness can be set to Day, Night or Automatic. I have mine set to Day as I like the screen to be always bright. I know that the Night setting is like a 'dark theme' to reduce glare, but I'm not sure if Automatic simply switches between Day and Night as I have never tried it. There may be a gradual transition from one to the other according to ambient light level and this may be what you are experiencing.

Go into the Car settings and find the section for 'Screen', where these options should be available. If it is at Automatic, try setting it to Day.
I don’t seem to have those options on mine.Only option I have is to set the brightness from very high to very low

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Automatic does indeed automatically switch between them, it'll often switch to 'night' just on a dark road.
I don’t have a option to set it to automatic

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have it on mine, which I picked up 2 weeks ago. I wonder if it's model specific?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts