Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, a T-Roc R is equal top for my next car sometime in the next couple of months or so. Something around a year old and under 10k miles.
The reason for the question is that the Cupra Formentor VZ2 is the other option.
Both part of VAG but .....
the infotainment system in the Formentor is somewhat well know for its software faults and idiosyncrasies and so I was wanting to ask if the system in the T-Roc R suffers from the same issues, being part of the VAG group ? Is it a similar basic system or very different ?
If anyone has any knowledge or comment then please let me know.
Many thanks
fozz57.

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
Not being familiar with the problems with the Formentor, it would help me and perhaps others if you asked about and gave details of specific issues. For example, does the T-Roc system do this ... or not do this ... etc.

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,825 Posts
They are all pretty terrible quality. There are bugs (that have been reported many, many times) still present years (and major versions) later. Perhaps I’m a perfectionist but when I buy a product, I expect it to have been tested by the software developers for more than 5 minutes.

In any case, I would not base my purchase on the infotainment system as they are all disappointingly problematic - the T-Roc being no exception.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a MIB3 in my car. Not sure yet if it's my 3 years old fairly cheap Moto G phone or the car's software that is making my connection to Android Auto very sporadic. Can't say I have problems with anything else concerning the infotainment system though. Anyone else having similar issues they want to share?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found with Android Auto if we left our phones in the boot then we would encounter drop outs randomly, if it was placed in in the front of the vehicle then no connection issues.
I was running software 0270 but have just been updated to 0306 on MIB3, so I'll see if there is any difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts