Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
I wonder if the badge could be slightly sticking. Get someone to press the badge when it next happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if the badge could be slightly sticking. Get someone to press the badge when it next happens.
The camera fitted retrospectively works ok,issue is When I select neutral or first after being in reverse it doesn’t display the original screen I.e radio stations just blank screen with the check safe to move off screen unless I press radio button or move off in first. this worked fine immediately returning to normal screen until local vw garage had in for unrelated issue who claim the way it is now is correct

·
Super Moderator
2,826 Posts
The camera fitted retrospectively works ok,issue is When I select neutral or first after being in reverse it doesn’t display the original screen I.e radio stations just blank screen with the check safe to move off screen unless I press radio button or move off in first. this worked fine immediately returning to normal screen until local vw garage had in for unrelated issue who claim the way it is now is correct
So not a factory fitted camera, but is it even a badge camera ?

As a retrofit, perhaps when fitted the car wasn't coded properly for the VW component protection and when the car was plugged in to the VW computer when in the garage, perhaps the coding was cleared/altered.

Who fitted the camera in the first place ? If not the VW dealer, then why not go back to whoever fitted it and ask them to check it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not badge camera vw approved part supplied by vw but Volkswagen dealership fitted, worked fine till a different vw dealership ( but part of same group ) had it in for unrelated issue, now they assure me it’s working as it should does any one on here have a t roc with reversing camera who can tell me how there’s functions previous 2017 golf had similar system with no issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts