Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed an order a couple of days ago on a 1.5 manual SEL and have been reading certain threads re horrific delivery delays. Now I appreciate that anybody with a gripe will 'flag it up' cos they've got an axe to grind but there seems to be one hell of a lot of people with one hell of a lot of axes.
Surely there must be some people out there that have had a totally pleasant, satisfying purchase experience to lift my and other potential buyers' spirits ????????

Registered
Me!!! I had a great experience!! Maybe I just got lucky!

Ordered in Feb and was told 14 weeks lead time.

Changed spec by adding new options that became available after I ordered (side assist and keyless entry) - no problems.

Updates came through on app within a day or so of updates from dealer.

Car arrived earlier than expected and have had none of the issues mentioned on the forum so far (kangaroo jumps or speeding up).

4000 miles on the clock so hopefully I have escaped these problems.

Dealer serves great coffee and delicious shortbread - what more can you ask for馃槂

Registered
I'm also happy..
Before ordering told that the possible waiting time could be 6 months. And dealer told me that they have to put things like that to protect themselves from eventual delays.
Ordered in mid April. Received a build date in late July. Received my T-Roc in mid July. That is 3 months waiting. I'm very satisfied with that. You really can't get any other make or model in less time if you want custom built car.

Registered
Me too : ). Ordered my 1.0 SE end of February, delivery just under 12 weeks later.

Happy with the car - took a while to get to know after my 1.4 tsi Golf but now wouldn't want to go back as better view of the road and seemingly more comfortable. The interior quality is just fine and equipment level very good for the price - particularly like the climate control, android auto for satnav functionality, parking sensors, puddle lights and big boot. In a perfect world a 1.5 would have been my ideal choice but would have pushed the budget somewhat. As it is, that model seems to be more subject to production delays and some posters on this forum report having issues with pulling away in first gear. My 1.0 engine has appeared to become smoother and more flexible with running in (now over 3000 miles) and my adjusting to keeping in the right gear (the 1.4. Golf was more forgiving of changing gear less often). Also am enjoying the comparative rarity of the car after a long line of Vauxhalls, Ford Focus and three Golfs.....

I intend keeping the car a number of years and look forward to the forum on the electric T-Roc and T-Cross equivalents when I next change! Assuming range has gone up and price has gone down for electric cars.....

Registered
I ordered mine December 6th with extra option and was told I would get it in July but was also told that it was a delvery date made by VW and often not to be taken seriously. I got mine mid April so I'm very happy and it always make me smile when I get into it 馃槉

Registered
I initially ordered a Skoda Karoq 1.5TSi DSG SE-L, but after horrible experience's over the order with the Skoda dealer I cancelled it and I went back to the VW dealer i've been using for few years and the experience was night and day, ordered last week of July, BW supplied a week later and got updated this morning that it's in transit. VW dealer been excellent, even when I wanted to change the wheels a week after ordering.
I ordered a 1.0TSi Design in white/black.
Our experience ordering a Skoda was shocking, enough for my wife to say that she will never allow me to even contemplate a Skoda in the future!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.