Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
does anybody know how to mirror screen from mobile phone (Android-Samsung A3 20017) to car display via mirrorlink?
I try some instruction from youtube but they don't works...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just use Android Auto. There are YouTube videos that have complicated instructions to allow more apps from your phone to work on the screen but I never bothered trying them. All I want is Spotify, Audible, Internet Radio, messaging, calls & maps, and those all work from Android Auto. Sure there's hacks to watch YouTube while you drive, or access FaceBook, but there's a reason Android Auto blocks those type of apps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried Mirror Screen once and it wanted another app on my phone to work, so I use Android Auto

·
Registered
240 Posts
On previous vag vehicles I have found mirror link to be very hit and miss and Android auto, though not perfect, seems more reliable. Shame it's not as smooth or consistent as Apple car play.

·
Registered
402 Posts
For MirrorLink I think you need to install the MirrorLink app on your phone (and it's not available on all phones). Android Auto also needs to be installed, but its more widespread. It doesn't work well (or at all) with some mobiles, usually Chinese "flagship slayers" from Huawei, Honour etc. Anything that's quite a generic Android, such as Pixels, Motoroloas etc. work really well. The more "customisation" a manufacturer adds to standard Android the more AA problems there seem to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Android auto in not available in Croatia so i must use MirrorLink.

For mirrorlink there is only one navigation app witch cost 108E (sygic car) so I need alternative via mirror screen from mobile phone to use google maps, waze, navigon...

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
Here it is translated, I hope it is of use to someone out there.

If you have decided to purchase a new car, you are most likely to have a multimedia device and an option to connect your mobile phone via the AndroidAuto application or the Apple Car application if you use ios devices.

So I was surfing because I wanted to use navigation from my mobile phone, found a way to "download" apps that are not available to us. I was able to transfer VPN to America through the TunnelBear application, and through this, I managed to connect to the American Play Store and download the app. And here it works perfectly, you can talk to yourself with yourself in the car and even get answers that interest you through a personal assistant from Google.

download the Tunnelbear application at the Play Store
Connect to the country where the application is available (united states)
Go to applications
Under Google Play Store, clear cache and data
enter Play store again, accept the conditions when asked first
Find the AndroidAuto app
download
And to be sure for it to work, YOU MUST connect with the mobile phone and car device
Another option is to download the apk android car app via the link below
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/

Enjoy the navigation and a pleasant ride wants the Swaziland 😉

No use to me as I use IOS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.