Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hear I go again.
Ive had keyless open and start before but do not want to stretch to it on the roc.
I realise that you start the car via a key but does it come with a fob where you can use it to unlock/lock the car (not keyless open by touching the handle) or is it just the key.
The amount of thinks you forget to look at when you view the car :?
Thanks once more.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The 'standard' key has 3 buttons. One unlocks, one locks and one (middle) with a longer press unlocks the boot only.
You can set the car, via the info screen, to either unlock all with one press or unlock just the drivers door with one press and then all the rest with a second press, which I find useful when on my own.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ignition key has a fob to remotely lock / unlock doors. The key also retracts into the fob so you can't stap your leg if left in a trouser pocket :oops:

If 'remote taiigate opening' option is chosen, the fob also opens it. Closing tailgate is done by push button on bottom frame. Tailgate can also be opened from inside car via push button.

I have this option which I consider one of the best and most practical :) when one is carrying the 'better halfs' shopping bags!.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I thnk you are better off not having keyless entry. It is a common problem for most car manufacturers as the thieves relay the fob signal whilst you are in the house or at work via a laptop to increase its range and hey presto your car is open and ready to drive off. It only takes thirty seconds and they don' have to break into any premises. No fob necessary and straight to a chop shop or similar. You need a Faraday wallet to sheild the fob or put it in a biscuit tin!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I remember having this discussion on the tiguan forum when I bought mine and had keyless fitted. If some thieving scum bag wants your car they'll get it one way or another. I personally would rather it went off the drive without them coming into the house to get my keys and all the trauma that can cause.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
I remember having this discussion on the tiguan forum when I bought mine and had keyless fitted. If some thieving scum bag wants your car they'll get it one way or another. I personally would rather it went off the drive without them coming into the house to get my keys and all the trauma that can cause.
Yes I remember the thread ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JAMCT said:
Ignition key has a fob to remotely lock / unlock doors. The key also retracts into the fob so you can't stap your leg if left in a trouser pocket :oops:

If 'remote taiigate opening' option is chosen, the fob also opens it. Closing tailgate is done by push button on bottom frame. Tailgate can also be opened from inside car via push button.

I have this option which I consider one of the best and most practical :) when one is carrying the 'better halfs' shopping bags!.
I had the electric tailgate on the Tiguan. We had a good old thread going in which was the best way to swipe your foot :lol:
Some of the first cars had a faulty sensor so it was a bit hit and miss while others were fine.
I can't remember rightly now, but you could set the height of the booted would open. I think it was something like lift it up to the height you want it. Press and hold the close button on the boot lid it's self and it would Beeb...something along those lines.
I did not have the car for very long so was only picking bits and bobs up from other members as topics came up.
We could not stretch to it this time around though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes the swipe foot thing never worked properly even after having the sensor replaced.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Dolphinfriendly1012. I understand your point of view but it does open another insecurity to your vehicle. Like you I have had both. Never impressed with "swipe tailgate" or keyless entry. If the scumbags want your car where it will be wrecked and you have no Gap Insurance for replacement then it will cost you. If a "professional" steals it and you never see it again hopefully a back to invoice price will re-imburse you. You are right re house break ins and nobody wants that but it can be done at place of work, at the car wash/valet, local park or restaurant so be aware the fob needs isolating wherever you are. Just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts