Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i have a brand new TROC (2 weeks old) and although everything worked fine, on my first long trip out of the city i got the following error:

'Lane Assist Currently Not Available'

As soon as i got the error lane assist stopped working and ACC is unable to activate either.

I washed the car thoroughly so to check if something was obstructing the view of the cameras or/and sensors, but still the error persists.

I have reset all the Driving Assist settings but as soon as i try to activate Lane Assist the error pops up!

The dealer replaced my windscreen before i got the car since it was cracked during delivery, and reassured me that everything was done by the book, and everything worked fine including lane assist for about 2 weeks until this error, came up.

Does anyone have an idea what is the problem???

I will take it to the dealer, but i would like to have an idea what the problem could be on a 2 week car!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did the dealer recalibrate the cameras/sensors after the new windscreen went in? I believe changing the windscreen may have an impact on these.

I know my lane assist stopped working once but it was absolutely pouring down. The minute it stopped raining it came back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the dealer they did everything by the book, so i assume the camera calibration is a required step in a windscreen change..

I will take it back to to the dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now and then I have the same error. Lane assist, park assist and speedtraffic signs doesn't work. My T-Roc is now at the cardealer to replace the oil pressure sensor (got a warning for low oil pressure), they will also look what cause the problems above.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had this a couple of times with my previous tiguan. Predominantly in bright sun light pointing directly at the car or in heavy rain. I know then there were also issue with the radar behind the vw badge. Dirt builds up behind the badge and can affect it's working so shuts down, not sure how easy it is to get to on the t roc or see. Worth checking this and also getting the dealers to check the radar, may have been working when they did the windscreen repair but has since failed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Dolphinfriendly1012, truth be told, the error came up during a very sunny day and after passing a dirt road, but i assumed after washing the car the error would go away. I have arranged to take the car for checkup on Monday and i assume they will give some kind of explanation there as of why would a 2 week car give such an error..

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have this error now also .
It was pouring The whole night .this morning it stoped raining and the error stayed 4 more hours (dry conditions) so on the highway no cc (even with the safty options off)now it's gone agin.
Om on a trip in Austria.
As soon as i return in Belgium day after tomorrow .i Will get the car to the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine does this whenever the rain is heavy but goes when it stops raining. My dads troc is the same as is my wife's new polo.

Think it's to do with the sensors being behind the badge now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Same for me, seems more sensitive to the rain then my Golf was (it had the sensor under a little plastic dome under the bumper). Progress eh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think Lane Assist not working during heavy rain is normal, i think i even read something in the manual regarding that...

If it works after the rain stops, then its no issue.

If it never works again, like mine, then something is wrong....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took the car to the dealer and according to them the camera had to be recalibrated TWICE, in order for the fault to go away..

I am going to pick up my car today, but i think this is not going to be the end of this problem..

I will be lucky if my car is not back in the shop in a couple of weeks with the same issue.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Mine goes on and off during rain (depending how heavy and how fast I go). Just switch to "old fashioned" cruise when it goes off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Derooke, as far as i know you can go to old fashion cruise control. That is just having the car keep a constant speed and nothing else by just pressing the cruise control button once to go into the cruise control mode and then once again to set it to the current speed you are travelling.

But in order to do that lane assist has to be activated.. I think lane assist and cruise control go together...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have had this happen twice, both times it was snowing.

I can only assume that the sensor has got covered because the 2nd time it happened, the snow turned to rain and ACC started working again. Does anyone know where the sensor is located?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.