Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I think lane assist useful in certain circumstances, we have a lot of narrow roads around us. I am concerned that following the centre line would result in hitting either overhanging trees/bushes, ditch's and many, many pot-holes/road edge deterioration. I do not want to fight with the steering wheel or have to indicate every time. At the moment there's so many pot-holes I'd have to leave the indicator on all the time 😕 .

My question is, can Lane Assist be turned off permanently i.e. so that it doesn't come back on at next start up, or is it like Start/Stop that has to be turned off at each start up?
Also, if it has to be turned off each time, is it just a button (like start/stop), or do you have to go into the extensive on screen menu system?

Thanks,
RedRoc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When you turn it on or off, it stays there till you change the setting. It is a simple menu selection in set-up. Probably different if you do not have the full digital instrument set-up.

If it it on, you do not have to fight the steering wheel, the correction is a very gentle nudge if you steer towards lines. If you make significant wheel movements, it figures out that you are in control and does not interfere till you again are in a stable position between white lines.

Sometimes, it does react to other lines on the asphalt, such as when, such as when there have been lane changes and some old lines have been ground off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it's anything like my Tiguan pushing the left hand stalk in brings up 2 check boxes, one for ACC and one for lane assist. Uncheck lane assist and it stays off until ticked again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts