Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2021 R line and found that the boot light was next to useless.
I have fitted one of these and it’s far better.
thought it might help someone

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
Hi. I have a 2021 R line and found that the boot light was next to useless.
I have fitted one of these and it’s far better.
thought it might help someone

cheers
Steve
“compatible with Lamborghini Gallardo” :LOL: wonder if they actually tested it in one.

Nice find though, might get it for mine!

·
Super Moderator
2,755 Posts
Thanks for the link Steve ... is it a direct swap out replacement for the original or did it require any mods ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link Steve ... is it a direct swap out replacement for the original or did it require any mods ?
Straight swap. The kit comes with a pair of adapter plugs. Small end plugged into the light, other into the cars exiting plug. These come as a pair, so you have a spare as well 👍

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,867 Posts
Straight swap. The kit comes with a pair of adapter plugs. Small end plugged into the light, other into the cars exiting plug. These come as a pair, so you have a spare as well 👍
Were the OEM ones easy enough to pop out? Anything tricky to watch out for?

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
Check your glovebox light, apparently its the same fitment as the trunk but don't quote me on that 🤔
It's worth a look 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, SteveB. Thanks for sharing the description of these led lights are really fun. This sounds like a joke to me, and the description is like- these lights will fit anything, even if aliens will come and buy these lights, they will fit their spaceship, ahaha. If you are looking for a good led boot lights upgrade, you can look at the site. They got a good range of lighting devices for any purpose, usually making orders with them because they have fast delivery and good discount system. Let me know if you will need some delivery coupons.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced the license plate lights on my GX with LED ones from the Celestial Empire.
Recently one burned out due to moisture. I had to buy a new set. I decided to try and put the rest in the trunk of my Camry. I have one of these installed from the factory, which does not light up much. I took it out, disconnected the connector, and it turned out that the connector was the same as on the GX on the license plate light.
I tried to put the light in the regular hole, but the latch of the light got in the way. So with a metal hacksaw, I cut the unwanted one along the fitting plane. Glued the plane of the morning with double-sided 3M adhesive tape, clicked the connector, and now we have entirely different lighting in the trunk.

·
Registered
2017 R-Line Polo TSI Black Pearl (5 speed petrol)
15 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a retro-fit solution to the 2022 R-line Drls? By now a lot of customers waiting or ready to order will know that the R-line had its lighting down-specced in March for the UK market and no longer has the bumper LEDs, even though they keep advertising it with them on.( TV advert shows 'UK models may vary). You can have them on the Cabriolet or R though, but I'm not coughing up an extra 10k for the privilege.🤪

1 - 14 of 14 Posts