Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'd like to see that. Show a picture from night with them on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got the time to change out the foglight bulbs and I'm very happy with the result. It hardly gets dark at night here in Iceland in the summertime so those pic will be done later :D

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Wheel
Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Good result. Are they easy to change?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes very easy. In the tool kit that comes with the car there is a small metal hook. You put the hook into the small hole in the plastic frame around the fog light and pull the frame out take notice where the fasteners on the frame go into the bumper. Then loosen the 2 tork screws on the foglight and slide it easaly out and unplug the wire to the bulb. Loosen the bulb by turning it slightly and pull it out. Assembly is in the reverse order.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Are they legal ?
I thought fog lights were supposed to be yellow to cut through fog rather than reflect the light back as regular headlights do.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Oh that's good, white or yellow.
Thanks Mac
I'll have to look at these WHEN mine arrives !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For me who is very used drive in fog and snow I prefer white and the fog lights are set low to illuminate under the fog so the color is more for what suits your eye sight. But if you go over 6500 kelvin the light gets more blueish and does mot travel as far from the car so I prefer 6500 kelvin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes they are legal in my country. Yellow for me is not better in fog or snow storm. The fog lights are set low on the car to illuminate under the fog or the snow storm and for my eyesight white is better. 6500 kelvin is the mist white if you go higher they get more blueish and wont travel as far away from the car. Thats why I like the 6500 kelvin best for the fog lights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SiggiGunda, did you have to put some additional resistors on the wireing for deleting the error on the dashboard or just plug & play?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just replaced the bulbs and no codes appeard. They must have build in resistors.

·
Registered
65 Posts
guinnessaddick said:
Changed mine over, hardest bit was putting the plastic trim back in.
How did you change it, was it just to remove the screw used on the frame of fog lights, or did you have to remove something from the inner side?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Post by SiggiGunda » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Yes very easy. In the tool kit that comes with the car there is a small metal hook. You put the hook into the small hole in the plastic frame around the fog light and pull the frame out take notice where the fasteners on the frame go into the bumper. Then loosen the 2 tork screws on the foglight and slide it easaly out and unplug the wire to the bulb. Loosen the bulb by turning it slightly and pull it out. Assembly is in the reverse order.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts