Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the limitations are for USB thumb drives used to store and play music through the Media Centre? I have successfully used a 256 mb Cruser Thumb drive loaded with about 160 MB of music tracks I exported from my iTunes collection, but the system only lists about 2/3 of this content (maybe about 18,000 tracks) A snag with doing it this way is that there is no random track play function, so I may have to alter the layout of the content from the currect folder structure. I do have the same content on an Apple iPod and if I connect this to the second USB port, I can select shuffle mode on the iPod.
Secondly, what about the capacity and file limits of the SD card slot?

Any info would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Really, people still have USB sticks measured in MB?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duh, sorry! I meant GB (Gigabytes) throughout.

·
Registered
29 Posts
tonyT said:
Does anyone know what the limitations are for USB thumb drives used to store and play music through the Media Centre? I have successfully used a 256 mb Cruser Thumb drive loaded with about 160 MB of music tracks I exported from my iTunes collection, but the system only lists about 2/3 of this content (maybe about 18,000 tracks) A snag with doing it this way is that there is no random track play function, so I may have to alter the layout of the content from the currect folder structure. I do have the same content on an Apple iPod and if I connect this to the second USB port, I can select shuffle mode on the iPod.
Secondly, what about the capacity and file limits of the SD card slot?

Any info would be much appreciated!
For now I had and SD card with 62 Gb and works well, only with music on mp3 format, the flac files didn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.