Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going for my first long run in the car tomorrow (100 miles to make an airport drop-off and another 100 straight back home). It'll be interesting to see what mpg I get on a good run, I used to average 70mpg in my Volvo for this run. I won't get near that, but I'd hope for 55+

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd have thought 45mpg or so more realistic, at least that's what I get on dual carriageway/motorway on adaptive cruise control on settings between 70mph and 80mph. At least that was my experience from eastern Scotland to Snowdonia and back. Depends on traffic and various other things I suppose...

·
Registered
376 Posts
After your trip could you possibley relate your average MPH as well as the MPG for the 200 mile distance?
I think many would welcome the info.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Certainly will. I'll be going at 4am, so shouldn't be much traffic about!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I managed about 47mpg for the very steady 200 mile run. That was mostly 70mph motorway with a bit of 30mph at each end and 11 miles of 50mph "average speed camera" in each direction and almost no "stop/start" (few roundabouts is all). Nowhere near the 70 I used to get in my deisel Volvo for the same run, but it is what it is. Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Much the same as me then. More positively, that's not much worse than a 1.4 Golf, and in my experience it doesn't use much more fuel in urban use - I'm looking at long term 45mpg in mixed use which will do me. I had heard that 3 cylinder engines struggle to get anywhere near expected mpg in real world conditions but that isn't my experience with the T-Roc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It will be very interesting to see how the new official consumption figures compare with real time use once the results of the new EU testing requirements are published in late August.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.