Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Factory build order placed, due sometime 2019 I guess (31/3/19 estimated handover date)

White/Black R-Line with 1.5tsi and dsg, added the reverse camera but little else appeared to be needed, unless there is something i'm missing with th spec that is a must have??

not good at waiting so..... :x

Tony.R

·
Registered
376 Posts
:Nice choice, :mrgreen: hope you do actually see it in 5 months as some on here have been waiting since sleeping beauty pricked her finger :p

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sssline said:
Hi all,
Factory build order placed, due sometime 2019 I guess (31/3/19 estimated handover date)

White/Black R-Line with 1.5tsi and dsg, added the reverse camera but little else appeared to be needed, unless there is something i'm missing with th spec that is a must have??

not good at waiting so..... :x

Tony.R
There have been a few comments / threads on here about the weight of the tailgate - so possibly you might want to check that with one in a showroom - and if you consider it heavy consider the powered tailgate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hawkeye said:
There have been a few comments / threads on here about the weight of the tailgate - so possibly you might want to check that with one in a showroom - and if you consider it heavy consider the powered tailgate.
You beat me to it, I was just going to post the same thing..

We found the tailgate to be heavy and also fairly high to grab in order to close.

We ammended our order to include the power tailgate (£320) as doesn't sound like it can retrofitted cheaply/easily after it has left the factory.

Worth considering..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I popped into the showroom yesterday to sign all finance for mine and overheard a salesman saying the height of the boot opening can be adjusted. I asked him to clarify and yes it can do the max height can be reduced if need be!

·
Registered
74 Posts
claireb said:
I popped into the showroom yesterday to sign all finance for mine and overheard a salesman saying the height of the boot opening can be adjusted. I asked him to clarify and yes it can do the max height can be reduced if need be!
That is correct, with the power tailgate option the height can be adjusted by pressing the button on the tailgate when the desired height has be reached. This height can then be saved so it opens to that same height next time.

Not sure if any adjustment is available for the height of a normal manual tailgate though !!

·
Registered
428 Posts
greyroc .. Can you expand on your Estimated Delivery Date of 'week 51 December 17th? I ordered mine 2nd Sept and haven't had a sniff of a Build week let alone a Delivery date

·
Registered
74 Posts
Swsgm30 said:
greyroc .. Can you expand on your Estimated Delivery Date of 'week 51 December 17th? I ordered mine 2nd Sept and haven't had a sniff of a Build week let alone a Delivery date
The estimated delivery date came from the dealer when we placed the order..
They had a list of the different models etc. and on it said estimated time for an 1.5 SEL manual was quoted at 12 weeks !!
So they told us that equates to week 51 December 17th. We now realise this was complete fantasy :(

The other thing they said was that they had extra money from VW so could offer discounts against cars registered in 2018.
As a result we got an additional £1250 extra to the VW £1000 deposit contribution, but again I now think this was creative accounting.
I have checked with the dealer, and they said that if the car is delayed beyond 2018, that the £1250 given will be honoured as it wouldn't be my fault.

I don't really have any idea when to realistically expect it, but I plan to contact dealer tomorrow for an update and realistic delivery date.

Who knows what goes on in VW dealers minds, mostly make believe by all accounts :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks for that, it appears the dealers can only say what they are told to say ... As I've said in a previous post somewhere within this 'mish-mash', I contacted my dealer regarding adding lumbar support for the seats, he said he couldn't do it without my order going to the back of the queue .. As I'd not heard any news that my order had progressed at all, I mentioned that I was aware of the WLTP delays and he had to agree that I was probably looking at a 16 week wait (from 2nd Sept). This puts me at around 3rd week in Dec instead of 3rd week in Sept but I don't feel at all confident of a 2018 delivery.
I've started hinting at a Courtesy vehicle but he won't commit even though he had said on the date of ordering that they would do so .... I wish you luck with your delay, perhaps,we'll both have a special Christmas present!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tip on the tailgate, will pop in and try it, looks like I have plenty of time to decide 😂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.