Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today went driving with the T-Roc in Austria. After a trip from 12 km got a engine failure: red screen on the TFT Screen: low oil pressure, don't drive any further!

Stopped the car and after 5 minutes looked again. No failures in the screen en tried to start the T-Roc again. Wouldn't start at all. Called with VW service and they've sent help (don't know what it's called in English). It took about 1,5 hour and when he came, the man tried to start the car and it runs immediatly! More than enough oil, that couldn't cause the problem.

He suggested to drive tomorrow to the VW dealer (8 km away from the place I am) to let them read out the car.

Very curious what happened and a bit angry it did happen. The T-Roc has only 6.800 km droven...

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Very strange.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oke, this morning I went to Autohaus Staber in Radenthein with the T-Roc. Oil is oke, didn't smelled if it was burned. Sensors are oke and they realy don't know what cause the warning. They are in contact with Volkswagen Germany to ask what to do.

Didn't get the car with me and now I'm driving with a orange Polo.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fingers crossed it was a 'freak' happening then, though worryingly it hadn't been pinpointed.
Looks like you're chilling out anyway. What a nice setting. I could do with some of that myself.
Regards-Geoff

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oke, Volkswagen Germany has given the order to Autohaus Staber to replace the oil pressure sensor with a new one. It has been ordered en tomorrow it will be done. Right on time because we leave thursday.

I can't imagine the sensor is broken, neither Staber can. We will see. Hopefully I'll come home with no further problems. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's strange that the T-Roc wouldn't start after you get the message. And after 90 minutes everithing is normal. My guess is a network ( CAN-bus ) error got your car in to trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.