Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered t roc R line with extras in April, delivery September.....nope changed to November.....nope changed to January 2019.......nope changed to June 2019. Local garage have been very good in that they will hold April p/e price to June 2019. Thinking very hard whether to cancel the order. Having said that it is the car i really want!. Finding it difficult to understand that it takes 14 months for my car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you not ask them what they have in stock that's ready to go? Few people got a better deal on cars that are ready to go with extras without having to pay for them. I went in to VW 3 weeks ago and had a brand new T Roc R Line in silver white and black the following week in the engine size I was looking for. Maybe I was very lucky but i would definitely see what they have in stock and barter. What extras did you order and what colour?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is it gold plated???

Try another dealer, they're starting to roll off the production line so waiting a year seems absurd!

·
Registered
456 Posts
CMLITT02 said:
Ordered t roc R line with extras in April, delivery September.....nope changed to November.....nope changed to January 2019.......nope changed to June 2019. Local garage have been very good in that they will hold April p/e price to June 2019. Thinking very hard whether to cancel the order. Having said that it is the car i really want!. Finding it difficult to understand that it takes 14 months for my car.
Zillions :!: :D of T-Rocs, mainly unwanted diesels, in stock in showrooms around the country. Assuming you have had your test drive you don't need to visit a showroom but negotiate / purshase over the phone / text / email / Royal Mail and have your car delivered by low loader to your front door in say 2 to 3 weeks from now. That's what I did.

See my photos posting "FROM YORKSHIRE TO MANCHESTER" on the Members Gallery thread (9th Sept 2018).

Your search can start with Carwow & RAC websites for example then large VW dealerships such as Inchcape, Arnold Clark, JCT600, Lookers, Jardine and Sytner etc. Somewhere there will be a car closely matching your configured priority choices. I got all my six first choice options + 5 other non-priority extras. It's just like looking for a partner, there is someone, somewhere in the world perfect for you :D :D :D, .......... it's finding one that's the problem ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Loving this thread ... Have to admit, apart from a couple of minor ('free')add-ones that my dealer had no difficulty adding to my order .. (Mud flaps and mats !! ) the only special extra we thought might be nice to,have was a Powered Tailgate . If we'd gone for a bog-standard SEL , I wonder if we'd be subject to as big a delay? Can't see how those extras would massively impact on WLTP results.
I appreciate that we need to be 'Green' regarding emissions but, sorry, on a personal level, I don't think it's on me to save the planet .. Just want my car!

·
Registered
985 Posts
claireb said:
Is it gold plated???

Try another dealer, they're starting to roll off the production line so waiting a year seems absurd!
......except for the 2.0l versions which are still in WLTP mode. From playing with the configurator, this seems across the entire VW range, as you can't specify a 2.0l engine anywhere.

I find it strange - especially on the 2.0l engine as I know that you can order a 2.0l Audi Q2 now - and essentially as far as I'm aware, apart from a few changes to state of tune with the ECU it's the same engine.

When I ordered mine a couple of weeks back, the dealer told me 26-27 weeks for mine giving approx Mar/Apr 2019. Much longer than that and I'll cancel my order (as I have a number of options I want on mine, nothing around in stock).

14 months that @CMLITT02 is being quoted though is ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.