Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone. I would be grateful if someone could clarify the differences between Discover Media" and "Ready 2 Discover". From what I understand "Ready 2 Discover" is the infotainement system without navigator, it becomes Discovery Media when it is equipped with a navigator also purchased after via VW e-shop. Is that correct?
I leave out Discovery Pro that if I understood correctly is the version with the big screen. Thank you

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Yes you are correct 馃憣
Discover pro will have a few extra specs as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you about the confirmation. Now I wonder if traffic sign recognition really works. I see the signals in the navigator but I think they are those of the maps and not those detected by the camera. In the dashboard they are not displayed. I wrote to VW who sends me to the dealer who tells me that the signals with the navigator are not seen in the dashboard. I'm not understanding anything anymore!

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Maybe your car didn't come with dynamic sign recognition?
Would be in your infotainment car settings under driver assist.

If you don't have it you might be able to activate it by diagnostic coding?

I have it but the problem I find is the speed limits on the sat-nav can be wrong therefore misleading.

(dynamic sign recognition works in combination with the camera & sat-nav, the sat-nav fills in the road sections with no signs)

Reactions: twist

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the support. I think you understand the problem. Before buying the navigator, via e-shop, in the assistants menu there was the menu of road signs. Enabled the navigator the signals menu is disappeared from assistants to appear in the navigator menu.
Now my impression is that the signals displayed are those of cartography. VW dealer claims that it is correct so but I am not convinced because a couple of people with VW with navigator, the display of signals is also on the dashboard.
Tanks and best regards.

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
I'm not really sure what you mean?
You're saying it was in the menu before you purchased the sat-nav but were the speed limit signs displayed on your cockpit before this?

If not, dynamic road sign recognition is probably another extra?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Vernerbongo. Unfortunately I picked up the car and for a few days I did not use it. I just played with the menus to know them. At that time I ordered the navigator. For sure, before the navigator was activated, I certainly saw the road signs menu. I wrote to VW again and wait for a reply

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Can you not look up the specs of your car to see what standard equipment it came with?
I can't see there being dynamic road sign recognition on your car originally because it has to work together with the sat-nav.
Any how, I hope you get sorted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for your support. I will try to understand the set-up as per your suggestion. The thing that bothers me is that the seller assured me that signal recognition was included in the navigator even if purchased via e-shop. Now they pass me off as silly by telling me that what I see is dynamic. I wait for VW response

Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
Just looking at the Italian T-roc configurator.
Buying sat-nav as an option when getting a car built the discover media will have sign recognition included.
Not sure if sign recognition comes with the e-shop purchase?
拢670 euros when buying on the configurator.
How much on e-shop?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your time.
The price of the NAV via e-shop is the same, maybe a little more, 鈧680. What bothers me is that the seller assured me the Nav via e-shop and the one on the price list were the same thing with the same functions. The important thing is the car with ready2discover that becomes Discovery Media with the Nav activated. Infact, when you enter the e-shop you must be registered at WeConnect with the VIN and based on that only the options available for your car model are proposed. Now I'm waiting the VW answer. I also requested them a refund because having this navigator for me is useless since through smart phone there is plenty of choices, for free, for fee ..... .
Manu thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts