Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help please
After having my new T-Roc since November 2021, It’s been left until now to record some of my Cd’s on to a SD Card.
There not a great deal mentioned in the owners manual regarding formatting requirements. Looking in the forum the subject as been brought up in the past. Is there any way I can find out a definitive answer before I start recording and transferring on to the SD card.
Thanks for any help offered in advance

·
Registered
TRoc R Line Ravenna Blue
26 Posts
Somewhere on here there is a topic that shows pictures of the system that you and I have, and also the previous system that will accept SD cards. Ours are storage spaces at the most (try an old one and make sure it doesn't get lost in the hole)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only saw the one topic. I'll search and find the one you mentioned. Apparently there is a infotainment manual available. I'll check with the main dealer

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
818 Posts
if your car is an August 2019 onwards it hasn't got a CD slot or SD slots.
It will have a couple of SD card holders though which are probably left overs from the parts bin.
You'll probably have the MIB3 unit in the glovebox (on the right hand side)
Output device Rectangle Gadget Gas Font

Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Office equipment Gadget Font

·
Registered
TRoc R Line Ravenna Blue
26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for helping out much appreciated. Infotainment starts on page 205 in my manual.. It goes on to describes media drives on page 210 giving the dimensions of the card and warning regarding damage when inserting, however I found supported file formats will be described in the infotainment unit itself. although nothing about setting up the SD card

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if your car is an August 2019 onwards it hasn't got a CD slot or SD slots.
It will have a couple of SD card holders though which are probably left overs from the parts bin.
You'll probably have the MIB3 unit in the glovebox (on the right hand side)
View attachment 4394
View attachment 4393
[/QUOTE Thanks for your input much appreciated. There is definitely 2 usable slots in the glove box, in the manual they can be used for supported media:-music etc

·
Registered
TRoc R Line Ravenna Blue
26 Posts
Only usable if you have the MIB2 unit as per the photo with the CD slot. Your car is smilar age to mine which has the later MIB3 unit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to clarify, you mentioned CD slots for compact disc. I'm not wanting to fit a player. I'm on the lookout for formatting information for SD Card (memory card). I appreciate your input thank you

·
Registered
TRoc R Line Ravenna Blue
26 Posts
The old MIB2 unit could take CD's and SD cards, as per the photo. The newer MIB3 which is what I have and you should have will not accept either. There are 2 SD one above the other which are only storage slots in the glove box - they don't work.

As per this thread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for the input on my query.
Well after being enlightened on the 2 SD slots which are provided just storing spare cards, I checked out the price for a glove box CD unit, what a ridiculous amount of money they are.
Today I successfully transferred MP3 files ripped from CD to my PC, my playlist was then added to my iPhone.
Connecting my iPhone to the Troc USB port I'm now able to play my own music without having to purchase any equipment.

·
Registered
TRoc R Line Ravenna Blue
26 Posts
Thanks everyone for the input on my query.
Well after being enlightened on the 2 SD slots which are provided just storing spare cards, I checked out the price for a glove box CD unit, what a ridiculous amount of money they are.
Today I successfully transferred MP3 files ripped from CD to my PC, my playlist was then added to my iPhone.
Connecting my iPhone to the Troc USB port I'm now able to play my own music without having to purchase any equipment.
(y)(y)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts