Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
That's odd. I updated last November and got this version.

View attachment 4303
The 1730 version was released late 2020 or early 2021.

The 1810 version was released late 2021. I checked the download web site just last week and the 1810 version was still the current release version.

That's one of the reasons I don't use DiscoverCare ... it's rubbish. Far better to be in control of when and what you download and install.

Reactions: T28B

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
I have 16GB card so i can not update to the last. 32GB card must be VW navi card or every card could work?
All is not lost ... The only bundle which requires the 32GB card is the one which covers all European states (Europe - Bundle 1) and the other bundles providing different combinations of a reduced set of countries will fit on the original 16GB card supplied with the car.

Go to the VW map updates web site (Volkswagen Map Updates), select T-Roc in the list of vehicles, then select either 'T-Roc until 2019' or 'T-Roc from 2019' (the map data is actually the same for both). Do not select 'T-Roc from 2020' as that is for the Mib3 navigation system and doesn't use SD cards for map data.

At the next step, select Discover Media navigation system. The available map bundles will be displayed, showing maps and and listing the countries covered by each. There are currently 8 European bundles, and you will find some countries are included in several bundles, so if you examine the list of countries in each bundle you should be able to find one which best fits your home country (Greece ?) and a selection of other countries you might be visiting. Unfortunately this might mean that at some time in the future you have to download a different bundle if you need maps for another country not in your current bundle, but you could purchase a second 16GB card for your second bundle and then just swap cards.

If you really want/need the bundle with all European countries, then you will need to purchase a 32GB card. Only original VW cards will work, but rather than buy them from VW at an inflated price you can find 16GB and 32GB cards on sale on eBay. Don't worry if they already contain old/different map data as you will be formatting and overwriting the card anyway to install the new data.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Impala thank you so much for your answer. Yes my region is Greece. The card came with bundle 1 all European countries. I have made two updates. Now it is big for 16Gb card. I will download the bundle 8 which includes my country!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts