Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light
Motor vehicle Steering part Car Vehicle Automotive design
[/[ATTACH]759[/ATTACH][ATTACH]758[/ATTACH][ATTACH]757[/ATTACH][ATTACH]756[/ATTACH][ATTACH]755[/ATTACH]
Picked it up at 11:00am and the trailer at 15:00 .. in all around 95 Kim's.. None of the problems that I've read about on this forum.. full tank of diesel, magnum of red wine. Detachable tow bar fitted free of charge and a good 1 hr explaining how everything worked.. love the active display, induction charging for the iPhone.. can't wait to try all the other options.. also set of winter tyres and rims... no complaints at all....

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Très très élégant :D.
Happy motoring.
(Translation text by Google :geek: )

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Steve..
Haven't had time to try everything but will be going on the motorway next week so will give the lane assist and all the other bits a try + later on in the year I'll be in the mountains in Italy.. I must say that the VW dealer I use in France are so helpful.. nothing seem to be a problem. I've never had a VW until last year and I'm already on my second one.. good luck with yours..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smarttask said:
Hi Steve..
Haven't had time to try everything but will be going on the motorway next week so will give the lane assist and all the other bits a try + later on in the year I'll be in the mountains in Italy.. I must say that the VW dealer I use in France are so helpful.. nothing seem to be a problem. I've never had a VW until last year and I'm already on my second one.. good luck with yours..
There's nothing really new that I haven't had before apart from the active display which I do like.. and find a lot easier to use than the BMW's.. it also sits well on the road.. we have a lot of narrow cuntry lanes where we live but then the 4x4 4Motion has a different rear suspension to the front wheel drive..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why the difference in suspension....
That said, the T-Roc 4Motion is fun to steer. It doesn't feel top-heavy and leans only moderately. Cue the feeble Roc'n'roll gags. It clings through bends faithfully and transparently. There's a detectable rearward bias to the 4WD system when you nudge the button to Sport, and more steering feel than tall cars usually give.

Big bumps and potholes don't cause the suspension much of an issue. It's usefully supple over that sort of road. But the comfort is undermined by a harsh ride over high-frequency ripples, and lots of road noise. That's partly a function of the big shallow tyres the test cars rolled on.

It might also be because the T-Roc has a wider track than a Golf, and to do it the suspension has bigger, heavier hub carriers. Adding to unsprung weight in that way is bound to have a baleful effect on secondary ride.

At least the 4Motion versions have proper multi-link suspension, whereas the front-driver T-Rocs all have simple torsion beam. In a Golf, you get multi-link even with FWD on all but the lowest-power versions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Smarttask - nous voudrions te féliciter pour le T-Roc!
I wish you many happy motoring miles (kilometers...) with this beautiful car!
Your photos are really great - this post could be a VW brochure for marketing the T-Roc!
The colour of your T-Roc seems to match with the brick in your house - was this a deliberate feature in your colour choice...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Gorgeous, and agree with previous commenter, great photos.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just read the instructions and am told when you don't have the trailer attached to the back of the T-Roc I have to remove the tow bar.. I think it's because while it's attached the rear sensors are disabled... live and learn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.