Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Greetings from Germany.
I am new car owner. My first car is T-Roc 1.5 TSI. Last time I put super petrol and today instead of super i put super plus (Accidentally). Will it be a problem? Which Petrol is best suited for T-roc

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
R-line 1.5 TSI MANUAL
749 Posts
Hi All,

Greetings from Germany.
I am new car owner. My first car is T-Roc 1.5 TSI. Last time I put super petrol and today instead of super i put super plus (Accidentally). Will it be a problem? Which Petrol is best suited for T-roc

Thanks in advance,
It doesn't matter what you put in the 1 litre & 1.5 litre petrol, 95Ron or 98Ron will do. The higher grade 98Ron supposedly makes no difference.
However, 98Ron must be used for the 2litre petrol because its a higher performance engine.
I'm not sure what petrol grades are in Germany compared to the UK?

You'd get better information on the German forum 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,825 Posts
However, 98Ron must be used for the 2litre petrol because its a higher performance engine
I saw a guy putting E10 in his Golf GTI a couple of months ago. I vomited in my mouth a little.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It doesn't matter what you put in the 1 litre & 1.5 litre petrol, 95Ron or 98Ron will do. The higher grade 98Ron supposedly makes no difference.
However, 98Ron must be used for the 2litre petrol because its a higher performance engine.
I'm not sure what petrol grades are in Germany compared to the UK?

You'd get better information on the German forum 🤷‍♂️
just to be clear - 98 RON is only recommended for the T-ROC R due to the 300bhp engine; for the 2.0 R-Line with the 190bhp engine, 95 or 98/99 RON will do - and no harm in mixing.

personally I use 98/99 RON as it’s still E5 in the U.K for my 2.0 R-Line, as I’m not a fan of E10.

Reactions: Vernerbongo2

·
Registered
R-line 1.5TSI DSG 650bhp stage 12 tune
1,825 Posts
personally I use 98/99 RON as it’s still E5 in the U.K for my 2.0 R-Line, as I’m not a fan of E10.
Same. That E10 stuff is junk. Even my 1.5 is noticeably poorer performance when running on it and the MPG is shockingly poor.

·
Super Moderator
2,654 Posts
I haven't paid much attention as we will have no choice between E5 and E10 very soon, then it might be a couple of horses the way the UK is going headlong to eliminate all fossil fuel use. Sounds a bit like the rush to diesel ... didn't that work out well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts