Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my Beats Audio and a little worried if it will impact the factory warranty.

Has anyone have experience with how lenient VW are with warranty ?

I am looking to install some mid-range speakers in the door pockets to improve the middle frequency performance, that I think is quite lacking.

The upgrade will occur on the speaker side of the current amplifier with the current amplifier output being direct into a new amplifier rather than the speakers, this is common practice in the car audio world apparently.

I would be happy if VW were to say if the Amp is damaged then no warranty, but I don't want them to void any other possible faults.

I have another car, where the manufacturer will not extend the warranty as I replaced the amp, so every 2 years I have to re-swap the new amp out, extend the warranty, then refit !

·
Registered
985 Posts
I see you are from Down Under (name's a bit of a give away), so the "understanding" of whether there is an impact on warranty or not may well be different from the UK or other countries.

In the UK, VAG Group have a number of "VAG approved" after market mods which don't affect warranty; obviously one can mod ones' car as one wishes, however much comes down to what the mod is, and whether or not the dealer chooses to "declare" it in the event of a claim where the mod may have had an impact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Well I will run the gauntlet and see how it goes, if the VW amp were to fail and they said no warranty, I could live with that, but if the gearbox failed I would hope it would still be covered .... strong consumer laws could be one's friend.

Let the fun begin ..... have made an initial prototype speaker mount for the top of the front door pockets, the actual one will be slightly different as have changed intended speaker.

Output device Carbon Electronic instrument Audio equipment Camera accessory

The amp will go under the floor in the boot area just behind the back seat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts